MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Has the Labour governments actions concerning MGRs collapse swayed your vote?

• No, I'll still vote Labour at the general election

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, I'll vote Conservative instead

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, I'll vote Liberal Democrat instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was never going to vote Labour anyway

Votes: 11 64.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interesting to see how the governments reaction to the MGR collapse and the fact they didn't approve the loan has swayed peoples vote in the general election on May 5?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Spence_MGR said:
Just interesting to see how the governments reaction to the MGR collapse and the fact they didn't approve the loan has swayed peoples vote in the general election on May 5?
No, because I've always regarded this current administration as in it for themselves, shallow and mendacious! But then at least 2 out of those 3 could be applied to a large number of the great British public couldn't they?

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,728 Posts
I was going to vote labour, simply because that howard is a moron, and kennedy has no idea and not ready to lead the country imo.

But, now, probably spil the ballot paper and right 'they are all b*******'

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i could i was going to vote conservative anyway, but i can't because i'm not old enough! I don't like their policies on Europe and the EU, but prefer most of their other stuff to Labours bulls**t, and the Lib Dems are hardly worth calling a party in my view. Anyway, i think even if they didnt approve the loan they could have done more to help MGR find a new partner when the signs looked ominus over a year ago, and the Italian government gave a 400m euro bridgeing loan to Alitalia a few months ago, even though it was a bridge to nothing, and for years before that they ploughed money in. Why couldn't the british goverment give MGR the loan they desperately needed then? And it would have helped alot if the government, the Royal family and the police used more Rovers and MGs to not only give the company a cash boost but to increase their presence on the road and give the company a more respected reputaion.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I was going to draw a big hairy c0ck on my ballot paper with some cum coming out! So yeah prob gonna spoil it, unless something changes my mind inbetween.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i only vote for nationalist partys at least they wont let british industry colapse like the tossers we have now who only think of there pay rise and bigger pension , we will make blair and thatcher pay for what they have done to this country :mad:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Streetwise said:
i only vote for nationalist partys at least they wont let british industry colapse like the tossers we have now who only think of there pay rise and bigger pension , we will make blair and thatcher pay for what they have done to this country :mad:
Hmm, the problem with voting nationalist, e.g. UKIP or Referendum Party in previous election, is that such essentially protest votes end up splitting the opposition and returning an undesireable and unwanted candidate.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Spence_MGR said:
Why couldn't the british goverment give MGR the loan they desperately needed then? And it would have helped alot if the government, the Royal family and the police used more Rovers and MGs to not only give the company a cash boost but to increase their presence on the road and give the company a more respected reputaion.
Because this governments policies are anti-british and against the interests of the majority of the British people. If Blair does now step in to save MGR as he was hinting at last night, he will use it to achieve maximum political capital and save his own skin.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
I'm sorry, but I am locking this thread as it is getting into the realms of party politics which in the middle of an election campaign, is going to lead to squabbles, arguments and ill feeling... none of which are particuarly pleasant or constructive.

We all (myself included) have our own political beliefs and ideals. Nothing wrong with that, except that this is an MG and Rover enthusiasts' website :)

Regards

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.