MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TF is up for its MOT ina couple of weeks time, and I was toying with the idea of taking it up to the MGF centre to carry out the MOT.

Has anyone ever used them for servicing? Any opinions?

Part of my reason for thinking of going up there is that, as I've noted elsewhere, I tink my engine doesn't sound great, and would like it looked at or 'tuned' (if such a thing exists).

What does the team think?

mikef

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
If there is a likelihood that there is an engine problem, I would have it serviced by PTP instead. They are not that far from the MGFC, and even a bit nearer to you too.
I have no experience of the MGF Centre servicing (I have only ever used them for parts) but PTP are the daddies when it come to the K-series, so if there is an engine problem they are IMHO the best people to find/fix it.
Another consideration is Techspeed, also not far from the MGFC, although they are very busy this time of year and it can be quite tricky to get booked in. I know people who travel hundreds of miles to have their cars serviced there though, which is testament to how good they are.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your note, I've not heard of PTP or Techspeed, I'll go google them...

I'm not sure there is anythign wrong with my engine really, it just sounds 'agricultural' when idling, not soft n purring, if you see what I mean. Has a strange ticking noise also.

cheers

mikef

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, like the way Coventry is described as being near to Wolverhampton! Being originally from the Black Country, Coventry is a foreign country...

I'm looking forward to getting to a meet sometime, to hear other VVC engines. My wife thinks I'm just being paranoid, and she is probably right...but would be nice to get the engine looked over by experts...

mikef

1 - 6 of 6 Posts