MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, need some help. trying to persuade sis in law to buy 04 reg 25 impression s. for £6995 . I'm up against her boyfriend who's steering her towards a pug or a (AAAARGH )citroen , have tried to buy a copy but sold out around here.can anyone help by scanning a copy onto the forum for me, apparently its a glowing report about how good a second hand bargain the 25 is. thanks, paul.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Well why is he suggesting a Pug or a Citroen? Push the point that British build quality is at least as good as French and almost certainly better.

And I doubt the driving experience of a R25 would disappoint, contrary to what people expect of it, the chassis is good. The ride is not too firm but the car corners really well, steering feel is good.

·
Registered
rover_45
310 Posts
My brother in law (who works for a 2nd hand sales outfit) was extolling the virtues of various diesel engines to me the other day "You don't want a Citroen diesel" he told me confidently "but the Peugeot diesel's fantastic" Hmm think I'll get advice from someone who knows that both engines are one and the same

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
Get the mag if you can - if you can't, drag/force them to look at a 25. I had a similar 'debate' about the 45 with my Dad and him wanting to get a Skoda Fabia estate (and he's had a Rover P6 2000 and a couple of Metro in the past!!).

Once he'd looked & sat in a 45 he has sold on it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments . Her boyfriend drives a v.w. R32, but she has arranged a test drive of a 1.4 25 at TIME TEES of basildon this saturday, she likes the look of the 25 so as long as the test drive vehicle is o.k. things look promising for another rover in the family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts