MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
MG Deano said:
...just to make sure there wont be any suprises half way through changing ;)
When I tried to do it myself, I found the old discs had seized onto the hubs and I couldn't get them off even after a couple of hours of battering them with a large hammer! In the end, I gave up and gave it to a local garage who changed all my pads and discs to the ones I supplied for £60. I think he had to heat up the discs to get them off.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
MG Deano said:
am only changing the pads so no need for disc removal, robs advice looks perfect!!
I expect to do it at the weekend so may have a site up after that. If thats not too late. I did it myself last year and it was pi$$ easy (until I doscovered a seized caliper) and I think I used Robbs site too.

You're getting brave deano!! :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
be careful when changing anything to do with brake system, if you have experience then fine, but if you dont, then its a job best left to those with the knowledge. possibly best to have them checked by a competent person afterwards just to make sure they are right.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats why i am waiting for a weekend where both me and my dad can do it. have changed loads of things doing services together ove rthe years on my old cars. always done stuff but always had back up fom something like a haynes manual, with my TF i havent that option so wanted something to use as a guide. theres no problem doing the work just didnt want to do it from the top of our heads....following a set of instructions is far better.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Deano

I've just browsed my £50 fully legal, bought from B&G by my wife as a pressie, TF Repair Information Manual on CD - full details on changing pads & disks, front & rear, standard & sports (as it seems to call the AP version).

Well worth buying.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts