MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi got a glass polishing kit today as my tf has a annoying scratch right in my eye line it’s passed the mot but just wondering if anybody had any experience of doing this ?

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,554 Posts
There's an American girl with a Youtube channel who owns an MR2 Mk II that did this. 'Sarah-n'tuned'. I watch her for her technical tips, honest ;0) I think the bottom line is you need mechanical assistance with a rotary polishing pad etc and don't expect to get rid of deep scratches. The process is better on what you might call a scuff than a scratch. It can make a scratch less intrusive though

·
Registered
rover_75
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's an American girl with a Youtube channel who owns an MR2 Mk II that did this. 'Sarah-n'tuned'. I watch her for her technical tips, honest ;0) I think the bottom line is you need mechanical assistance with a rotary polishing pad etc and don't expect to get rid of deep scratches. The process is better on what you might call a scuff than a scratch. It can make a scratch less intrusive though
Hi thanks
Well got a glass polishing kit off eBay and set about it today used a cordless drill with polishing pad in . The scratch was about 4 “ long and quarter inch wide I couldn’t feel a groove with my finger nail so not so deep . After 4 hours I have polished it away very pleased as the scratch was right in my eyeline and have been caused by a poor passenger wiper the previous owners hadn’t replaced . I didn’t mask the car up in plastic wish I had as it goes everywhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts