MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:guns: ggggrrrrrr......

Someone has very kindly damaged my 75 whilst it was parked in the local B&Q car park.

I have a deep dent and accompanying scratch down the offside front passenger door that travels in a downward trajectory across both doors and down across the silver trim onto the sill. Also the rear offside door trim at the top has a crush mark in it and has 'popped' off breaking all the clips underneath too.

There was some orange brick dust on the floor, that I'm sure if it was there when I parked would have my wife's footprint in it, so doing my best Morse impression I reckon someone has crashed on of these 'builder' style trolleys (heavily laden) into my car whilst negotiating the car park and then driven off.

Off course, there's no CCTV, no witness messages pushed under the wipers, etc, etc.

So, its hello £150 'excess' and bye bye 3 years no claims.

The only good news is the crash repairer can fit me in on the 16th, so it should be done and home in time for our run down to Beaulieu.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Commiserations. That's not going to be cheap to fix. This is why I always park at the far end of the car park (sorry if I sound smug).

Rob

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Given the loss of no-claims, I probably wouldn't have claimed and got a quote to get it fixed...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I find myself agreeing with Steve, £ 150.00 excess and loss of no claims, get a quote before you do the insurance bit, Might even work out cheaper.

Regards

MM

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Having had lots of company cars I don't see my own through Rose tinted spectacles anymore (although the Rover is growing on me) Cars are just tools with a job to do so I don't bother getting minor dings and scrapes repaired anymore.

The emphasis above is on minor yours sounds a bit worse than that but cheer up I have to put up with it regularly-

My other half regualry Brings "her" car (a Citroen Picasso) back with battle damage.

In recent months she came back with the exhaust snapped off at the Cat and the tow bar electric bracket at right angles to where it should be, someone had reversed into the car

I parked it in Telford and ended up with a six inch crease in the top of the passenger door (weird position for a carpark knock)

I took it to Churchbridge Citroen for a service and they put a dent in the Cill i even matched the dent to their trolley jack but they denied it

Then she came back with deep scuff all along the pasenger wing she mentioned "brushing" a hedge but I think it was the Barbed wire variety!

The front bumper has a crease in the plastic, we don't know how that happened it looks like the plastic has deformed from heat.

I caught my two eldest boys (when they were toddlers) writing in the water on the boot lid after it had rained with a piece of brick (they were too young to understand)

The latest is she clipped a bollard, one of those horrible pebble dashed ones so another scratch

To date the Rover has not suffered from anything in addition to what was there when I bought it but I am a realist it will pick up it's fair share

Do I care, no not really, life is to short, at least not after the initial fuming, after all a car only has one purpose to go forwards backwards and stop, and even the scruffy ones you see on Ebay look good in a photo or at a distance! :getcoat:

In x years time damage or not it will not make a huge difference come PX time.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Steve re your herd of cars
What do you do re insurance

Insure individually or all on one policy?

I have tried quotes for all in one types but they tend to be dearer than insuring individually which I think is a complete con I can only drive one car at a time and I really want to buy a ZTT

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got three quotes first, should have mentioned that I suppose :)

1. £1,250
2. £900
3. £1,300

Apparently the paint will have to be "blended in over the entire side of the car" blah, blah, blah.....:dddc:

Given the quotes and the fact we have not long ago bought a spanking new house and I have few reserves cash-wise, I decided on a claim being the easiest option.

Some payback would be nice though.....letters to thier neighbours saying their pervs or sommat.

heh heh just kidding :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yippee, not long now, Tuesday is the day my car goes to the bodyshop for some TLC.

Just as well, I'm sick and tired of driving around in a beat up looking 75 with the silver door trim rolling around on the back seat.

Can't wait to get that 'ambassadorial' feel back again and look down my nose at other motorists :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
It must be something to do with B&Q car parks.
About 4 weeks ago I was in my local B&Q when some kind soul thought that my bonnet was an ideal place to rest their purchases whilst they unlocked their car. I returned to find the car in front had left but I now had a 6 inch scratch across the front of the bonnet!
Not as bad as yours being used as a brickies hod, but still a pain in the wossname. Of course, not note or any comment left with the car.
Oh well, out with the touch up paint.
Hope you get it all sorted in time for Beaulieu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts