MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i did a stupid the other day was driving home after a very long day was tired etc etc...pulled off from a set of light leaving my handbrake on...doh
now the lever has to be pulled up another couple of clicks to hold the car....where is the adjustment and is it an easy job to do?...i have to fix this as it feels like an old marina handbrake at the minuite

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh no, I'm more stupid than that. My rear discs were corroding, so I occasionally applied the handbrake gently to clean them off. Problem is, they work on a small internal drum brake, and not the disc. My handbrake was the same as yours sounds, but still braked the car well on a hill etc, so I just left it until it needed servicing, and the handbake was adjusted then.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi stef, adjustment is easy if you have already done it once as you cannot see the bit to adjust.

Basically, put the back of the car on stands, release handbrake and remove wheels. through the bolt holes, around the 2 o'clock position you might just be able to see the adjuster. Flick it a few times with a screwdriver (Upwards I think) and the drum sould begin to tighten . ..

This sounds like a good topic for a datasheet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx john for that.....and yes you guys in the know....a nice data sheet would help loads :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts