MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 'facelifted' Rover 25 purchased last December 04. Last week I noticed the hand brake and ABS warning lights activated on the dashboard as soon as the car travels above appox 5 mph. I just can't face going back to the dealer as it's probably like a morgue at the moment, and I also can't face any arguments over whether or not the warranty is still valid with MG-R now in administration. It's just all too sad.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with 25s (its my second R25 and I never had this problem with my year 2000 R25) and if there is an easy (has to be easy - I'm no mechanic!) way to fix it? Any suggestions appreciated - thanks.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Sounds like a wheel sensor for the ABS to me. The dealers will not be like a morgue at all. We sent out 16 new cars yesterday and all the owners wear happy. As for warranty it appears different dealers are taking different approaches. Some will do the work others will not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sejin26,

thanks for your advice - i'll guess I'll take it back to the dealer see what they say. cheers

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I have seen this in cars that have low brake fluid. You may want to check that, as well as the condition of the float sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts