MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the hand brake release button is replaced? Do you take it out completely and if so how? I’m wanting to replace the original hand brake with a new aluminium one but don’t want the black button to be seen, had a look yesterday but it appeared to be stuck in there good so I thought I’d ask and see if anyone else has replaced this before.
Cheers.

·
Registered
mgf
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have a look tomorrow and try, if I break anything though it’s your fault. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Kev said:
Does anyone know how the hand brake release button is replaced? Do you take it out completely and if so how? I’m wanting to replace the original hand brake with a new aluminium one but don’t want the black button to be seen, had a look yesterday but it appeared to be stuck in there good so I thought I’d ask and see if anyone else has replaced this before.
Cheers.
It's just a push fit. I replaced the black plastic one with a chrome one from the MGF Centre. Just get a pair of mole grips (you don't need much force) and pull the old one off. I had to use a bit of electrical tape over the button stalk as the new one was not a tight fit, it's been on for 6 months now and not budged.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Scarlet Fever said:
....Mole grips will do the trick.
"only one way to get rid a moles.......blow there f**king heads off!" - sorry, couldn't resist, and if you don't know Jasper Carrot, don't ask ;)

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
:lol: Nice one - does it work with Crows too? There is one nesting locally to me who likes to attack his reflection in the windows of my car (ZT). Bloomin annoying each morning i wake up to find muddy crow foot prints, guano and peck marks / scratches all over the roof, windscreen, mirrors and side windows. Keep trying to shoot the pesky thing, but am afraid of hitting the car. :mad:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Scarlet Fever said:
:lol: Nice one - does it work with Crows too? There is one nesting locally to me who likes to attack his reflection in the windows of my car (ZT). Bloomin annoying each morning i wake up to find muddy crow foot prints, guano and peck marks / scratches all over the roof, windscreen, mirrors and side windows. Keep trying to shoot the pesky thing, but am afraid of hitting the car. :mad:

...get a stuffed cat and sit it on your roof

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Not tried a stuffed cat, but have tried 3 different types of bird scarer. Scarecrow (in the traditional sense - looks stupid on the drive and didn't work). Spinning card (luminous yellow one side, luminous red the other) Hung from a string from the soffit, worked for about a fortnight. Currently have a shredded bin liner hanging from a string - also worked for about a fortnight.

This has been ongoing for 18 months or so now and i have had enough - i'm not normally a violent person and i realise the Crow is not doing it on purpose just to annoy me, but enough is enough and a shot gun is the last straw. :mad:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
dont people hang cds from trees for that sort of thing? or are there other people in the north weirder than me!?

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Scarlet Fever said:
......and i realise the Crow is not doing it on purpose just to annoy me.....
I wouldn't be too sure of that myself, the crow can be quite crafty, especially and educated one ;)

·
Registered
mgf
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love how these threads mooch off into bizarre places :hyper: , anyway, cheers for the info, I’ll get the mole grips on the job tomorrow, didn't have time to look today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts