MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gutted, 8 weeks ago i had an accident and the insurance company deemed my ZT 190 SE uneconomical to repair, so they wrote it off, i am still in negotiations but i have 15k of finance outstanding on a 54 plate with just 8k on the clock, the finance company (Elephant) have offered me 8k...:eek:mg2: ...wish i had GAP

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Probably worth merging this thread with Ians
Looks like you are both in the same boat (or Channel Funnel in Ians case)

Is the damage very serious on yours, have you been given any estimates and have you then got an independant second opinion? or is it the insurance co taking the lazy route?

I have seen quite a few cars on Ebay recently repaired looking fine and up for sale so someone is doing alright out of what I think is a bit of a racket.

Assuming your damage is not offside front then between you and Ian you should have enough bits for a whole car!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have you tried insisting, since they have written it off, that they supply you with an equivalent car? That is what insurance is for, to restore you to the position you would have been in, had the loss not occurred. By trying to shove a small payment on you, they are abrogating their responsibilities - something that is happening in too many occasions nowadays.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
apurvis said:
I am gutted, 8 weeks ago i had an accident and the insurance company deemed my ZT 190 SE uneconomical to repair, so they wrote it off, i am still in negotiations but i have 15k of finance outstanding on a 54 plate with just 8k on the clock, the finance company (Elephant) have offered me 8k...:eek:mg2: ...wish i had GAP
Really sorry to hear that.

It may be worth you letting them write it off, buying it back off them and repairing it yourself - i.e. you source the parts, etc.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
apurvis said:
So going by what they're saying, I/you/we/us/etc could get a 54 plate 190 SE with 8k on the clock, for 8 grand?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
RichK said:
So going by what they're saying, I/you/we/us/etc could get a 54 plate 190 SE with 8k on the clock, for 8 grand?
unfortunately, give or take, yes! They are only marginally slightly more to buy second hand...

·
Registered
85 Posts
MGOracle said:
unfortunately, give or take, yes! They are only marginally slightly more to buy second hand...
Absolute ballcocks! I went through all this last year on 2 seperate occasions with insurers. Look on Autotrader, do a national search for a 54 reg 190 SE ZT and see what it comes back with. Just did it and the cheapest car to come back was £10995. I did this when my insurance company tried to offer me a low settlement. There argument was that I could get a car cheaper if I bought privatley. I said no, I bought it form a dealer, no worries if it's dodgy, and I want the same again please. Nothing they could say, it's all on Autotrader.

If they still want to cheat you, buy it back from them and get it repaired your self.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just my pennies worth, i am considering a Zt, looked at a few in a motorhouse supermarket at Cannock recently and they have a ZT 190 SE very low miles on an 05 plate for £9899.Having trouble trying to convince the wife tho' she's worried about warranty etc and i also think the pre facelift look meaner,if that makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts