MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :)

what is the best way to use the greygate polish on the rear screen? the print seems to of run on my bottle and i cant read it :( do you need to do inside and out of the screen?

ta

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
mattcymru said:
Hi All :)

what is the best way to use the greygate polish on the rear screen? the print seems to of run on my bottle and i cant read it :( do you need to do inside and out of the screen?

ta
Get an old Welsh Six Nations Shirt, tear it in bits, use a bit to rub greygate onto screen, let it dry, rub it off with a clean bit. Then do the same to the inside.

Then burn the rest of the shirt.

Your screen will look much better and I will feel bitter.:sick2: :itschy:

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Sprinter said:
Get an old Welsh Six Nations Shirt, tear it in bits, use a bit to rub greygate onto screen, let it dry, rub it off with a clean bit. Then do the same to the inside.

u got that wrong, u need a new welsh rugby shirt!!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sprinter said:

ooh, how touchy! thanks for the advice, i think theres a message in there somewhere!

cough, cough, "Mae hen wlad fy nhadau..."

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
mattcymru said:
ooh, how touchy! thanks for the advice, i think theres a message in there somewhere!

cough, cough, "Mae hen wlad fy nhadau..."
ah yes the old Welsh National anthem, how does that go..... "My hen will fly naturally" :lol:

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
I think forum rules state that english is the only permitted language in here! No taff nonsense allowed! :rotflmao:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*ouch* anyways just to side track for a sec ive grey-gated the outside and that buffed off fine and dandy but now ive done the inside its left loads of smears and it wont all buff off, help! any one...:(

"The Land of My Fathers..." ;)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
mattcymru said:
*ouch* anyways just to side track for a sec ive grey-gated the outside and that buffed off fine and dandy but now ive done the inside its left loads of smears and it wont all buff off, help! any one...:(

"The Land of My Fathers..." ;)
put some more polish on the side that is smeared, its probably areas that you missed the first time :shake:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Matt

If still smeary after a giving it a good seeing to, finish off with whatever polish you do the car with - Meguairs Gold, AutoGlym Silicon, Hlafords blue spray bottle etc.

And I'm not really upset about you guys winning - in fact I thought it was about time. At least you didn't wheel Max Boyce out this time! I know you are too young to remember the last time, count it as a blessing - Max and that stupid giant leek are ingrained on my memory forever. Definitely one of those Box Brownie moments :eyes:

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Sprinter said:
......At least you didn't wheel Max Boyce out this time! I know you are too young to remember the last time, count it as a blessing - Max and that stupid giant leek are ingrained on my memory forever. Definitely one of those Box Brownie moments :eyes:
AAHHHHH NOOOOOOOO, why bring him up John, I'm gonna have nightmares now :scary:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
petevick said:
AAHHHHH NOOOOOOOO, why bring him up John, I'm gonna have nightmares now :scary:

...though to be fair.... I remember a TV programme he did.... where he went to the USA to visit the Dallas Cowboys American football team... completly brilliant.....

American Footballer : "I can't believe your Rugby players don't wear any protection... I mean man... they got no teeth left !"

Boyce : "its got nothing to do with protection... we take em out... stops em biting each other...."

...class :rotflmao:

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
...though to be fair.... I remember a TV programme he did.... where he went to the USA to visit the Dallas Cowboys American football team... completly brilliant.....

American Footballer : "I can't believe your Rugby players don't wear any protection... I mean man... they got no teeth left !"

Boyce : "its got nothing to do with protection... we take em out... stops em biting each other...."

...class :rotflmao:
did you actually remember that Stuart, are have you just waded thru a MB memoirs book. It was funny tho :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for that sensible answer sprinter. all is well now, just found it a pain to do the inside coz its awkward and having arthritis dont help when trying to manouver whils nealing onthe passenger seat!! lol

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
mattcymru said:
arthritis l
Attacking me to. Have been known to unzip the screen and lay it out rearwards and do the inside from outside. Doesn't read too well and NO piccies, but you get the message.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Sprinter said:
Attacking me to. Have been known to unzip the screen and lay it out rearwards and do the inside from outside. Doesn't read too well and NO piccies, but you get the message.
I tried that way as well John, but you can't really lay properly flat, and theres the bit at the bottom that folds under.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts