MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just watched it again in Broadband quality, stay with the video until the end folks because at around the 6 minute mark a New Zealand racing driver takes the car for a spin in the hills and the V8 sounds fab !

·
Registered
446 Posts
*DLN* said:
I've just watched it again in Broadband quality, stay with the video until the end folks because at around the 6 minute mark a New Zealand racing driver takes the car for a spin in the hills and the V8 sounds fab !
That's Aaron Slight, a motorcycle racer.

It's excellent work, New Zealanders - pragmatic, down to earth and no bull. Clarkson watch and learn.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thank God, some enthusiasm about something British from a motoring journalist (albeit a New Zealander). I like the way he praised its Britishness. You never hear JC come out with stuff like that, I cant even be bothered watching Top Gear anymore - I want more about cars not them blowing up caravans etc.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I never knew BMW had any say in the rear wheel drive config, oh well can't have it all...

Quite a nice review I thought...

·
Registered
mg_zs
767 Posts
What a nicely well balanced non-prejudicial report, a good watch. If only all reviews were so fair and entertaining.

(althought MGR did re-engineer the rear transmission for the V8...I don't know how much of the Z-axle is left)

·
Registered
317 Posts
now that is a proper bit of journalism, they actually did a review of the car rather than did a typical british press thing and jabber on about their opinions on the brand.

And they didnt just have one guy doing the review, they had 2 people, with completeley differnt attitudeds are driving styles.

This sells teh car really well, and does the V8 the justice it deserves.

Shame Rover didn't sort a Tipitronic box, or offer a manual option, as well as putting a super charger on it. Why cant us british do a job properley :twak2:

Rob

1 - 20 of 30 Posts