MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a graphics package to do 2 things:

a) batch resize images for posting onto forum galleries etc.

b) the odd bit of graphic work for the occasional web site that I do

I have a copy of Corel Draw but am wary of installing that as I'm pretty sure it installs something called Aveo Attune which is spyware.

I have used Paintshop Pro and think it's ok but there must be better...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Adobe Photoshop is definately the bext software I've used for graphic design - miles better than PSP but also a lot dearer. As for batch resizing the only program I've come across for doing that is one I got with my digital camera: Fugi FinePix Viewer. I'm sure there is something else out there though.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

What do you reckon installing Corel Draw and then running Ad-Aware to remove the spyware afterwards?

I'd rather not but I've not got much else to try!

Can Corel Draw do photoediting and let me knock up logos for websites etc?

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Graphic App - if all you're doing is basic graphic stuff, either PSP or photoshop elements should do for you. With regards to batch processing, JASC (PSP authors) do / did a lovely little util called JASC image robot, which would apply a multitude of actions on any number of images.

If you don't mind a bit of batch file editing, check out Image Magick, you can convert (and do a whole load of funky stuff to) images and best of all its free - www.imagemagick.org

its not very user friendly if you're not really techy though.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
PSP has built in batch processing u use scripts... I've used it loads to resize images for the web... it rocks... I find photoshop too finiky myself I find that with PSP I can do almost everything that I can do in photoshop but faster (IMO)

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts