MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was the day Jon Norris came over to the Netherlands to sort out my HGF and replace other things. As the head was off we also fitted the Mike Satur 4-2-1 manifold, which was still a relative pain to fit in. Everything went pretty well! One set back was a small rubber sealing O-ring that had snapped and needed replacement (else coolant leak), which required unbolting quite a few parts. Finding a spare proved to be a small challenge too, but nothing Jon couldn't handle and looks like it's all good.

Everything put back together, the engine fired up like nothing had happened. Took her for a spin and I'd almost say I could hear her laughing out of joy ;)

So now that the major stuff seems to be fixed on the car, I'd say it's only fair to become a supporter of the forums. :)

All that's left to say is...

..Get Norris-ed

:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Jon did my HGF and it runs nice and quiet, lovely job. I do have to say that doesnt look like him in the picture, Jon would be holding two cups of tea.

·
Registered
mg_tf
2,906 Posts
Good news on getting your car fixed up matey and it's also good to see Jons keeping busy in his new venture :broon:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Cheers Gregg

I think that Mike Satur 4-2-1's come with instructions to leave at least 2 chunks of knuckle skin on them when fitting

The only pain was that O ring and having to make another one

After missing the ferry I finally got one at 7.20 this morning an managed an hours sleep while waiting for it,

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Cheers Gregg

I think that Mike Satur 4-2-1's come with instructions to leave at least 2 chunks of knuckle skin on them when fitting

The only pain was that O ring and having to make another one

After missing the ferry I finally got one at 7.20 this morning an managed an hours sleep while waiting for it,
aye up Chuck, good to see your keeping busy :broon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts