MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a new car after selling the Rover Cabriolet, got myself a:

1997 Golf mk3 GTI 16v, pritty fast car and just cant keep smiling whilst driving ! So its fair well Rover !

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Glad to see you have the 16v version - the 8v really is gutless. A near-pristine example you have there:) Did the later 1996-98 versions have better equipment levels?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just the same as the earlier ones, its just a much better engine than the 8v. Red lines at 7k revs so it screams, amazing car!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blington said:
Nice car. :) Looks like a very tidy example.

I've always wanted a go in the VR6. :D
There is not much difference between the 16v GTI or the VR6, 0-60 about a second and top end by 5mph.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
VR6s are fairly rare, especially in the Jetta. I wouldnt mind either a golf or corrado with this engine later on in life. Rover 220 comes as the ultimate preference of course.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
bobby_t said:
Got myself a new car after selling the Rover Cabriolet, got myself a:

1997 Golf mk3 GTI 16v, pritty fast car and just cant keep smiling whilst driving ! So its fair well Rover !
She looks like a nice, tidy example there mate. Nice one. :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:
VR6s are fairly rare, especially in the Jetta. I wouldnt mind either a golf or corrado with this engine later on in life. Rover 220 comes as the ultimate preference of course.
I had the pleasure of giving a VR6 some stick a few weekends back, managed to keep the wheels spinning, sideways in third. a very, very underrated car.

I've always like vee dubs - might have to consider me a clean mk 2 gti sometime in my life, although like any gti golf they are gettting rare! :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts