MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my new shinny bits arrived from MS yesterday. Speaker surrounds are serious bits of metal (very heavy and well finished). The seat belt tidys actually look much better in reality than in MS's picture (though haven't fitted them yet... so will see what they look like in situ). The seat belt escutcheons, are also pretty substantial bits of metal, and I suppose we can call them a finishing touch (work with me guys I'm trying to justfy it in my own mind as well !!!)..... But the thing thats impressed me the most is the rear screen saver, really well made, bits of velco everywhere to keep it secured, and a very good quality black leatherette material, with felt like stuff on the inside. I would say if you are intending to keep a HT on for a period, well worth the £25. Haven't fitted it yet, but I would hope it will really tidy up the back "parcel shelf".

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
[email protected], STOP your making me very Jealous, Also any chance of Pictures??? Did you go for the Chrome Speaker bits or Brushed? I fancied the Brushed. I might order them the same time as the MS Coin Box.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went for chrome in the end mate... but to be honest they aren't really really shinny "plastic chrome" more like bright silver (if you follow) so I'm quite pleased
I'll post a pic when I fit them.... intend to do it all on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was just wondering if anybody else has fitted the MS speaker surrounds. I got with them strips of a black sticky substance to stick them on with.... is this sufficient, or should I use a bit of super glue as well ?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...well everythings on and in place (except screen saver, will do that next time the HT comes off for top off motoring, next weekend).
The seat belt tidys work really well and actually look very good, far better than in the MS picture. Speaker surrounds are spot on. (just need some for the rear speakers as well !!!:D )

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Jas1000 said:
Stuart, Did you have to glue the Speaker Bits, or did the Adhesive they came with work Ok?
Jas.... as usual when I came to use the superglue it was empty, so I just used the "sticky black stuff" that came with them. So far so good, I stuck them on with it Friday night and left it overnite for the glue to cure, very carefully closing the doors (it doesn't say you have to do that, but a lot of industrial glues I know you have to leave for ages !)..... if they fall-off I suppose I'll have to go to plan B and buy some more super glue.

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
Thanks for that Stu, I think i'll go for the Brushed Metal, and order them the same time as the rest of my Mike Satur shopping list. As they are all shiny i'll struggle for the wife not notice, but what the hell.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jas my new camera batteries are nearly charged up, before you make your mind up, let me take a quick pic in the garage........ its just the two chrome speaker surrounds do match the chrome door handle very nicely giving you the famous interior design trick of the "rule of 3" (been watching to much changing rooms ... :lol: )

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Nice pics [email protected]
They do look good. I like the silver door panels etc, thought they all came in black!

Good also to see that like everyone else, you have scuff marks in all the right places:bgrin:

Broon

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Broon said:
Nice pics [email protected]
They do look good. I like the silver door panels etc, thought they all came in black!B]

They are the 'technical' finish.
They look kind of gunmetal clour in daylight.
The flash makes they look ligher then they actually are.

Good also to see that like everyone else, you have scuff marks in all the right places
:lol: Was just about to say that! The smokestone interior is a [email protected] for showing marks. Yet to find something that will remove them :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks great [email protected],

Have the surrounds stuck OK?

From the photo's it looks like the light grey interior suffers the same problem as ash in that the door cards are a different colour to the dash (Or is it just my ash interior).

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mark.... If by door cards you mean the middle of the door, the bottom bit is the same as the middle of the seats Alcantara, the top part is exactly the same as the dash.... I think it might be the flash made everything much lighter and brighter !

....oh and yes so far so good for the sticking part, but its still early days, tbh more worried she will kick the big one off getting in and out, as she sits so far forward....:eek:uch:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts