MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Its maybe me just being paranoid but the headlights seem to be a pile of plop ,it has a kind of lense over the bulb, are these so that the bulbs glow that sort of blue tint.

If so they dont, the bulbs seem very dim, do these bulbs have a lifetime.

Plus the Horn isnt very good seems kinda quiet, maybe its something to do with the new zed has more sound deadening :dunno:

Any ideas Please

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Hey,

Its maybe me just being paranoid but the headlights seem to be a pile of plop ,it has a kind of lense over the bulb, are these so that the bulbs glow that sort of blue tint.

If so they dont, the bulbs seem very dim, do these bulbs have a lifetime.

Plus the Horn isnt very good seems kinda quiet, maybe its something to do with the new zed has more sound deadening :dunno:

Any ideas Please
I thought the newer (younger) Zed's actually had less sound deadening due to cuts related to "Project Drive".

The ZS horn can fail due to the way they are fitted from the factory. I have heard of a guy on xpf who's had his replaced 2 or 3 times now. Something to do with the horn bit mounted upside down in the engine bay and filling with water.

I have no idea about the lights, but if you're doing Cosford there should be more than enough owners / experts to assist there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The head lights aren't the best on the ZS, i put up rated ones in mine.

I've read a fewe posts about dodgy horns... not had a problem with mine though.

There is less sound proofing on the mk 2 Zeds.

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the newer (younger) Zed's actually had less sound deadening due to cuts related to "Project Drive".

The ZS horn can fail due to the way they are fitted from the factory. I have heard of a guy on xpf who's had his replaced 2 or 3 times now. Something to do with the horn bit mounted upside down in the engine bay and filling with water.

I have no idea about the lights, but if you're doing Cosford there should be more than enough owners / experts to assist there.
nah it works fine just doesnt seem as loud as my old one.

The head lights aren't the best on the ZS, i put up rated ones in mine.
I do plan on doing that now, i think it has got projectors on it, so if i get the xenon ones that glow blue i think it might work.

Ill most likely be at cosford so someone will probs help me out

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
nah it works fine just doesnt seem as loud as my old one.

I do plan on doing that now, i think it has got projectors on it, so if i get the xenon ones that glow blue i think it might work.

Ill most likely be at cosford so someone will probs help me out
I used Halfrauds super brilliance bulbs in my 400. They are much better but still not amazing. They're often on buy one get one free so can be found at good price that way!

Markus

G

·
I have had my horn replaced after a year. Is part of project drive that you can a single tone horn rather than two tone.

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im not a happy man lucks like ive had the dreaded horn faliure bloody thing only had it two days and its broke already arghhhh

·
Registered
30 Posts
bulbs & horns

Mk II ZS 180- I have used Osram +50% Bulbs less than £20/ pair seem quite good- also thought horn was crap so have fitted pair of PIAA horns as well as standard- much better- involves a bit of crawling under to wire but not to bad- also out of interest fitted reversining sensors took about half an hour cost £24 from ebay- well worth the money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts