MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally picked up my tf today and am well chuffed! :) only a few complaints as well - one of the covers for the screws for the wing mirror appears to have popped off :(, it doesn't seem to be as quick as i thought it would be (its a 135) :( and finally the rear screen is scrathed to hell and looks like the bottom of a milk bottle (any tips to clean it?)! will post some pics soon!!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Good stuff! well apart from the downsides..
Many people mention a stuff called greygate polish, meant to be good for the rear screens.
And I noticed today one of my plastic screwtops has departed me too!

..The 135 might not be the quickest car going but hold the revs quite high and it will go quite well :bigeyes:

Jonathan

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,299 Posts
Congratulations! :bgrin2:

Another recommendation for cleaning the rear screen is the Renovo plastic window polish, great results for very little effort (my sort of cleaning). A 30ml bottle for £4.99 is more then enough, you can order direct from www.renovointernational.com

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
mattcymru said:
:( and finally the rear screen is scrathed to hell and looks like the bottom of a milk bottle (any tips to clean it?)! will post some pics soon!!
Greygate all the way mate. Elbow grease needed, only 5 quid (ish) a bottle but excellant stuff, you can get it from anywhere. Small bottle but lasts for years.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Autoglym do a plastic window polish too,and someone on here swore by it.So plenty to choose from!
and I hope you enjoy your car.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
try super resin from autoglym if you have some. Lots have had very good results. Use a soft cloth as well as paper towels will scratch it!

Ive lost the plugs too :( I wonder where they all go

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
AndyBrad said:
Ive lost the plugs too :( I wonder where they all go
My money is on a plugmonster, who goes around eating them all, as i'm sure mine was there the day before! :guns3:

Jonathan

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
mattcymru said:
well finally picked up my tf today and am well chuffed! :) only a few complaints as well - one of the covers for the screws for the wing mirror appears to have popped off :(, it doesn't seem to be as quick as i thought it would be (its a 135) :( and finally the rear screen is scrathed to hell and looks like the bottom of a milk bottle (any tips to clean it?)! will post some pics soon!!

..... you can get the covers from an MG dealer (they may not even charge u)

..... is it (cant remember) new if so, it will have to loosen up a bit, you need to run it in... if not, wait until the roof comes off... 60mph feels like 150mph

.... as above for all the cleaning tips

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where can i buy the fabled greygate polish from then? i couldnt work out how to buy it off mgfcentre!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sprinter said:
Give Brown & Gammons a try. It's on their site for mail order.

http://www.ukmgparts.com/index1.html?o=111233999615630

Are you going to the SWMGF run on Sunday that Dave Morris is organising? I'm at B&G on Saturday and at the lunch stop on Sunday if you want a bottle of the stuff.
Some of the F Register Reps and Committee Members carry things like Greygate with them. If you're going on DCM's Runs ask him - that is if John (Sprinter) doesn't help you out first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cant make either of them sorry, im poor now for the rest of this month after using all of my available cash on the TF (def worth it though :)). thanks for the link though.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
mattcymru said:

congratulations on the new car!!
firstly the screen, as covered already there are loads of different products which many ppl swear by. personally i dont rate the greygate stuff too much i prefer auto glym polish, does the job much easier. i have tried many different products now, i suggest u do the same to find which one u like the best.
secondly, i would have a word with the service department, be nice, as i have gotten hold of many things that arent apparently covered by warranty but havent had to pay for them when they turn up.
and finally, being a new car, it will feel a bit tight at first. give the car plenty of miles to bed in, being easy on the throttle in the beginning will reap rewards in the long term. my tf really seemed to open up after about 8k miles!!!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That dastardly plug monster has been to Switzerland as well. I'm missing one too.

Welcome to the club Mattcymru. Enjoy and lets see some pic's!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts