MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i've been busy again doing the last bits and peices on my 400 modifying mission which is now coming to end.... well for the moment until i can work out a Wilwood or equivalent big brake conversion and Dave's injectors arrive!

Installed the oil breather catch tank that i bought and mentioned in a previous thread and a carbon effect triple gauge pillar pod, now just crossing my fingers that the 5 Nordskog gauges i've orrdered arrive from America by Saturday not looking very hopeful as some of them only came out of production on wednesday.
Would really of liked to of had them installed for Cosford as they are quite trick looking and ment to be very accurate, i've bought two air temp gauges for measuring pre and post intercooler air temps and the usual water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure.

Here a few pictures of both installs.

Cheers Mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As per always looking brilliant mate.

hi Luke,

Shouldn't you have attatched one pipe to the air intake though?
no this is a non return setup hence the breather filtter on top of the catch tank you could remove the filter and connect that outlet back to the air intake if you want but i'd rather make sure the air 100% oil free hence the setup i've gone for the air intake is now blanked off and sealed.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looking good donny. It is a dam tight squeeze getting the triple pod in there isnt it. It took a bit of fiddling to get mine on there. (still need to fit and plumb in my oil temp and pressure gauges still)

Oh and slightly off topic i see you have a CDA on there. Any idea what size the silicone hose is that you have connected up to the maf tube?? I have been told it is 85mm for the outlet on the CDA and 82 mm for the Maf but cant find a straight 85 to 82 reducer anywhere.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Al,

yer the triple pod is tight ok it just touchs the dash!

The hose that connects my CDA to the MAF is actually a peice that came with the first ever Green induction filter i bought for my 200 over five years ago and to get it to fit round the CDA was real stretch but at least i know its not going to leak!

There is this 80mm straight silcon hose that might stretch on ebay not to expensive possibly to risk having a play with
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120098307367&rd=1&rd=1

or samco do a 90-80mm proggressive reducer,not stepped like some which is 125mm long which if cut in the correct places could give you exactly what your after check this page
http://www.samcosport.com/us/reducers.asp
there a picture at the bottom so you can visulise what i mean, top of the page it there a tab for the distributers people like Regal, Burton, Bailey, Demon Tweeks etc.

order code would be SR-90-80.

Hope thats of some help, Mark.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi donny
nice work youve done well!
is that pillar mount a universal one?

cheers

star
Hi Star,

Yes triple pod was off 'Evil bay' and is just a universal fitment had to take profiles of the of the piller panel then trim it to fit not to bad as the panel easily unclips and removes got it at a bargain price of £9.50 inc postage!

This link is to the same type of pod sold by same person who i bought mine off but he only seems to have a black version of it for sale at the moment.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triple-Gauge-Pillar-Pod-52mm-Universal-Black-Plastic_W0QQitemZ230130437888QQihZ013QQcategoryZ72215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Heres my baked bean special! Now I know it works satisfactorally, I must make some propper brakets for it instead of cable ties.....

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Jim,

looks ok mate and if does the job thats all that matter where does the other pipe go? out under the car with breather filter on it or back into the inlet system?

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Down behind the stearing rack. Theres only a very slight sign of vapour comming out, but with just a pipe, bloomin clouds of the stuff even on tick over!!! I'll tell you how its made on sunday, I carn't be arsed to type it on here!
Jim

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Its in two sections, the bottom part is full of wire wool, and the top part is just open to reduce gas velocity to help clean it. The seperator has lots of very small holes drilled in it. It appears to be working very well, the outlet pipe has no traces of oil in it and there is very little visable vapour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts