MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need cheering up. :( Can anyone help???

I've had some dates through from hospital for investigative procedures in the next few weeks and....well, I am scared and worried :err: . It is half term week this week. I'm working a couple of days but will be out with my 13 year old in the hopefully warmer weather at the end of this week...I really NEED some serious topless fun with my son to put a grin back on my face so.....come on you guys, which roads give you the biggest grin factor? Not neccessarily fast, good scenery, maybe somewhere to visit at the end of it, nice picnicking area....anywhere.....any ideas where I can go with my lovely son for some hood-down medicinal driving??? I've racked my brains but I'm desperate to try a new route!
Anywhere along the south coast area Devon through to Sussex....all suggestions very welcome. I'm in Dorset and anywhere within a two hour radius is good for me.
Thank you! xxx
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James C said:
Just head East along B roads, then head West along different ones coming back, guarenteed to get grins :)
James...that gives me a zillion and one options....sigh!
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
have you tried the A272 from winchester to uckfield(sussex) its a good driving road although i've not driven the whole length of it
i used to drive from the winchester end until it joins the A24
when i lived in gosport i remember the portsmouth news reviewing a book all abouth the road .don't know it its still available.
if you dont fancy that you can always go along the south downs!!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
paynemgzr said:
have you tried the A272 from winchester to uckfield(sussex) its a good driving road although i've not driven the whole length of it
i used to drive from the winchester end until it joins the A24
when i lived in gosport i remember the portsmouth news reviewing a book all abouth the road .don't know it its still available.
if you dont fancy that you can always go along the south downs!!!
Actually, never done that road but thats a really good idea! I adore Sussex and the South Downs....maybe I could head down to find a windmill...the one near Goodwood is great...can't remember the name of it though...it'll come to me!

Thanks Mark!x
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
James C said:
By jove she's got it!
I owe you one smack for being cheeky....just you wait till I see you next! Remember, if you're ever this way, you're very welcome to pop in for coffee... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,269 Posts
Andie B said:
I owe you one smack for being cheeky....just you wait till I see you next! Remember, if you're ever this way, you're very welcome to pop in for coffee... ;)
Ditto :)

And a smack from you would be most welcome. And anyway, just the one? I've been cheekier than that ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,799 Posts
Aww hun,
I'd like to give you some infos, but sorry I am helpless this time ;)

I hope you will find something which corresponds your wishes and I am touching wood that the sun is always shining for you !

:grouphug:
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
i cant remember the name of the windmill either.
there are a couple of good picnic spots up on the downs by the racecourse
there is one about a mile past when heading east on the left .which is quite large and you can walk through the woods.if my memory is good i believe in the woods are some wooden look outs that look down on chichester.
i used to go there quite regularly but haven't been for about 18 months so i don't know if its changed at all.(my grandparents used to take me there when i was little).
funny how some memories stick!!!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
paynemgzr said:
i cant remember the name of the windmill either.
there are a couple of good picnic spots up on the downs by the racecourse
there is one about a mile past when heading east on the left .which is quite large and you can walk through the woods.if my memory is good i believe in the woods are some wooden look outs that look down on chichester.
i used to go there quite regularly but haven't been for about 18 months so i don't know if its changed at all.(my grandparents used to take me there when i was little).
funny how some memories stick!!!!
Wow....my son would love the woods....if you remember what that place is called could you pm me and let me know please, Mark?! I've remembered the windmill - Halnaker. Its lovely up there.

Herbie....thank you, my darling...xxx

And James....you can have as much punishment as you think you deserve! ;)
LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
Im sorry Andie dont know any routes down where you live (or even where dorset is!lol)
But you know Miss Penelope you are more than welcome to join me and Dru for a three and a half hour topless blast over to Whitby on Wednesday,more than welcome.
Fantastic roads (we go the scenic TWISTY route) over the moors,fantastic scenery and a damn good nosh up at Whitby at the end of it.
Be a laugh if nothing else,plus not a lot can keep up with a Tf over those roads hehe.



ps.Good luck with all the tests hun.:grouphug:xxxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
A few worth considering -

Dorchester - Bridport - Honiton - Exeter

Wareham - Corfe Castle - Swanage - across the ferry - Poole

Bere Regis - Wool - Weymouth

Weymouth - Abbotsbury - Bridport
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,070 Posts
Not sure how far it is from you, Geography was never my strong point at school, but the New Forest is nice... just started going there myself...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Hi Andie,

Sorry I can't help with good drives in the south! but i'm sure you will enjoy which ever route you take.

Hope the tests go well, what ever they are for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
de1 said:
Hi Andie,

Sorry I can't help with good drives in the south! but i'm sure you will enjoy which ever route you take.

Hope the tests go well, what ever they are for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
Thanks guys. Some lovely posts. Tests are for possible ovarian cancer, the good old Silent Killer and endometrial cancer. Thanks for the good wishes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Andie B said:
Thanks guys. Some lovely posts. Tests are for possible ovarian cancer, the good old Silent Killer and endometrial cancer. Thanks for the good wishes.
How did the ride out go Andie? hope it cheared you up a little.

When are the tests, I'm sure we will all have our fingers crossed for you!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
de1 said:
How did the ride out go Andie? hope it cheared you up a little.

When are the tests, I'm sure we will all have our fingers crossed for you!
The drive was really lovely thank you, Dave. And thank you Dave for the kind thoughts.

How are you recovering now after the accident? Is everything being sorted out as you'd hoped with the driver who was being prosecuted? I do hope that you are feeling better. Sending my love and best wishes to you.x
 
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Top