MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you alacantra seats are getting abit bobble,and you want to restore them to a nice smooth finsh just get some disposable razors (I used bic two blades)
and shave you seats like you would do your face or legs (ladies)
it takes all the bobbles off :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not using my Mach 3 to try this, so I'll nick one of mum's disposables and have a go. Good tip :broon:
your better off using the mach 3 its sharper the I went through a whole bag of bic's as they blut and won't work after 10 sec.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
this works on your jumpers and stuff too, when they have been in the wash too many times!

you can tell im a skin flint! :lol:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
A-ha! FINALLY a reason to use the Mach3 I got for christmas (I use an electric jobbie) :D

SIS : Did you like your razor?
ME : Not really, but the car loved it!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
if you alacantra seats are getting abit bobble,and you want to restore them to a nice smooth finsh just get some disposable razors (I used bic two blades)
and shave you seats like you would do your face or legs (ladies)
it takes all the bobbles off :D
Just don't spill any aftershave on your seats afterwards....... otherwise you will hear your car go..OUCH!!!..:lol:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Hmm...would I want to risk nick-ing my Alcantaras with a razor blade, are there any better ways (mine have gone bobbly too)?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I mentioned a tip a few weeks ago on another thread. Use a soft metal pot scrubber on your seats. It takes off all the bobbles without wearing the seat any further.

It would take years to do your legs that way tho Pete :bgrin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
*Business idea*

Seat Barber.....

Can anyone source a stripey pole that'd fit a f??? LOL

Bod "Hair dressers car?"

Me "Why nooooo... I'm a Seat Barber!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts