MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well checked the oil today, way too much and next to no coolant, i love rovers but i give up on them, far to unreliable. im gonna go out tommoro and buy somthin else.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
I can sympathize with how you feel (Not empathize) although Rovers being unreliable is a bit tosh, they are no more/less reliable than any other car if they are looked after/ignored.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive only had the car two days emps come one ha, unreliable owner. as for the blue one id hardly consider it my fault the head couldnt be skimmed anymore , i knew the head had gone even before it started overheating, was probably of the previous owner

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
well checked the oil today, way too much and next to no coolant, i love rovers but i give up on them, far to unreliable. im gonna go out tommoro and buy somthin else.
How do you know this has caused a problem yet? The oil won't magically over fill itself! Was there enough coolant in to start?!? Did you check any of this before buying it? Was it from a dealer?!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked it seemed fine when i got it ,was all over it like a rash , its from a dealer and i have a years gurantee. i just panicked a bit after all the problems i had with blue one. ive added some coolant, gonna keep and eye on that, annoyingly my street is on a slant slightly (just mooved in) and i think that may have gave a false oil reading !

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
More then likley. If your not happy, take it back to the dealer and demand a check over, explaining your worries. Did it get a full service before you got it? Or just a fluid level check?!? If the dealer ****** up on the levels, give em hell. Don't forget you get a cooling off period if you think you made a mistake, but check all the levels on the flat first before you go barging in :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I can sympathize with how you feel (Not empathize) although Rovers being unreliable is a bit tosh, they are no more/less reliable than any other car if they are looked after/ignored.
I don't really agree with that. My car has caused me many more problems than any of my friends cars, they all own pugs, renaults and vauxhalls, yet I look after my car a lot more than they do.
I still lovemy car to pieces, and when it is working right, it's GREAT!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't really agree with that. My car has caused me many more problems than any of my friends cars, they all own pugs, renaults and vauxhalls, yet I look after my car a lot more than they do.
Yet i would still have a Rover or MG over that foreign crud!

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
My Vauxhall needed sensors replacing reqularly, my mates A3 has a few pricy known issues, i think every car has its pros and cons; second hand cars will always have the issue of what the last owner did, my R25 was kept in a terrible state when i got it. So i serviced it, new tyres, brake pads etc and now its running great (fingers crossed). What ever mechanical item you have there will aways be issues and saying that the K-series engine has more is simply illogical.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i can add to that mates clio 1994, crashed it left it a year and a bit till i helkped him fix it , started first time , never had 1 problem with it he doesnt even check oil or coolant ever. other mate had a p reg punto for 4 maybe five years drives at max revs all the time from cold too. never checks it no problems. i always check all the stuff on my car especially now as im even more paranoid about the gold one since the blue one, i can just imagine what my friends would be like if they ahd rovers. All in all id still prefer my british car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.