MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Welcome to the forums Neil.

Over in the Rover 75 / MG ZT section, I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information to aid your decision making. We are a friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to ask any questions ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian!

Just been in there and posted already. I am demanding!

Been on a few sites and this is certainly the best and going to keep using it for sure

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I'm glad you are pleased with the site ;)

I've got an MG ZT CDTi + 135 Automatic and it is the best car I've owned. I've had it for 2 years now, and usually get fed up and bored around the 6 months mark, so I normally change my cars regularly.

You won't be disappointed with a ZT.

What japmobile do you drive presently?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah thats good to hear!

That's what I'm hoping it will do for me. I've got a Mitsubishi Carisma GDi Elegance, it's pretty good on fuel (38mpg) and got all the toys such as cruise, electrics but, it's just an average car. And i've had it 8 months. The ZT seems a really good choice, especially the diesel.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Not wanting to disrespect your current car, you would be going from a competent comfortable car to a car that really makes you feel special. The car seems to beg you to look back as it, as you walk away. It really is a special car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i totally agree, looked at a silver one on a forecourt yesterday and took some photos on my phone and have to keep looking at it!

Ian, did you consider the lower powered CDTi when you were looking?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Yes I did, it was just that the car that I bought fell into my lap. I had a budget of £13k, and the car was up for £15,995. With a bit of negotiation, I got them down to £12,500. That was a month before MG Rover went bump :(

I had a 75 Tourer CDT which had the lower powered engine and I found it to be perfectly good, and quick for what I needed. Although it was transformed with a tuning box fitted :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good, im going to arrange test drive of both models this week, I just know the 131 will beg me to buy it but, the ZT with 116 is in my preferred colour and looks such a beast!

Was you insurance company ok with the tuning box? So far when getting quotes, as soon as you mention it, they whop 200 quid on the premium.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The only difference between the 116 and the 131 is the ECU mapping anyway, so its only going to cost the price of a remap to make a 116 a 131.

The downside to this is of course that there is no way that anyone can tell its been remapped. This means you will have to let your insurance know yourself as they would not be able to tell otherwise....

#tries to choose words carefully to avoid getting moaned at...#

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, i see.

Who carries out the re-mapping nowadays, old MG/Rover dealerships?

Thanks for your help ian, much appreciated!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think MGR used to do it, but on these forums, people mainly use independent companies of which there are several.

A company called ccctech (if i remember correctly) nearly did my zt for me a year or two ago, but i nevergot round to it (V6 petrol variety so only small gains anyway).

I spoke to him on the phone and he seemed to know his stuff. he comes to you to do it as well, so can do it while you are at work etc.

For my petrol ZT, he wanted somewhere in the region of £300 all in.

Have a search, and you'll find several people have had it done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
right choice zt

Hi Neil,
you will get a lot of advice from this sight, and i am sure you will which ever one you choose you will not be disapointed, you get a lot of car for your money, i went for the Petrol zt 190+.

Like Ian said a zt is special , and yes you do find yourself looking back and admiring your car.you also can keep up with those BMW cars that think they are so special, and own the road. but watch your speed, too many unmarked police cars these days, normally BMW, also X TYPE JAGS.

Good luck with your search.

MGZT190

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for that MGZT190

Really looking for something special that I will want to keep! Hopefully, tomorrow will be my first test drive!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts