MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl

ok i knew it was gona catch up with me in the end but to be far ive done well to hold it off for 14 months. When i bought the car in january last year i was dresparte to drive it and start modding it :naughty: as it was bogg standerd. in the first cuple of months i didnt no the car was running on next to no coolent as the garge was suppose to do a full service on it :sad3: . opps. its been every day check since then. but i filled up the tank and the car was ok until august when the inlet manifold gasket when and water pissed everywhere. just i cought it just out of the jaws of hgf :flipa: then and replaced the gasket. then in october little bubbles of mayo started to apear but then had the crash and the new raditaor with new coolent went in and the mayo went away. But at the start of the year little bits of mayo started to apear again. started driving super carfuly. nothing over 2000rmp until warmed up and then nothing over 4000rpm. but now the top of the expansion tank is mayo and final the water has slowly started to go down. bugger. no mayo in the oil yet but it would appear hgf has final cought up with me :toastie: .bets on how long before it goes r now on.

so i phone mike satur 2day and im deciding between the new rover or his own hg can any1 help with that :wtf: . also does any1 no of a second had cylinder head going about cuz i need 1 2 exchange for my tuned head from dva. gonna tune and fix the gasket at the same time.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Just get the MGR one. Mike's is pretty much the same by all accounts.

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stu said:
Just get the MGR one. Mike's is pretty much the same by all accounts.

yea i think thats pritty much the choice stu. gona ask if they still do the roversport gaket when up at the dealership just out of intrest. but gd solid advice from urself as normal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts