MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Glass Screen Soft Top???

3K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  iaross 
#1 ·
Hi guys... anyone know how much these are, where to get them from, and if they are worth going for... my S2000 had a glass screen and the rear view was much clearer so im debating on whether to get one for the TF.

any advice appreciated.

#5 ·
:haha:

This cracks me up! It's like the 3 of us have homing beacons activating everytime BAS pops up on this forum!

Just did a quick search and on all of the previous posts regarding BAS, we're always there! Seriously thinking about calling up Steve and telling him we want some sort of commision!

:haha:

#12 ·
To be honest I don't like the BAS hood as it looks like an MGF Mk1 hood (seams down the length). I would like to know who made the OEM for the 2005 cars is, and are they still in business. No doubt the hood would be a bit more, but it would be more modern and genuine.
Anyone know?

#13 ·
David Mills said:
To be honest I don't like the BAS hood as it looks like an MGF Mk1 hood (seams down the length). I would like to know who made the OEM for the 2005 cars is, and are they still in business. No doubt the hood would be a bit more, but it would be more modern and genuine.
Anyone know?
As I understand it BAS were the OEM for MGR.
edit:
BAS was an O.E. supplier to MG Rover for its MGF and MGTF hoods before the Rover group went into receivership in 2005. BAS still produce these hoods for the aftermarket, as well as a host of other products for the sports car.

#14 ·
Chris,
dont think so. I thought that BAS were X-power suppliers - ie the sporster rather than the standard hood. Now they may have been suppliers for the original MGF Mk1, but since 2000 the hoods have been single full width panels rather than the bas 3 part widths. If BAS were OEM then why are they just selling the old fashioned hoods?

#17 ·
David Mills said:
Chris,
dont think so. I thought that BAS were X-power suppliers - ie the sporster rather than the standard hood. Now they may have been suppliers for the original MGF Mk1, but since 2000 the hoods have been single full width panels rather than the bas 3 part widths. If BAS were OEM then why are they just selling the old fashioned hoods?
The Xpower/BAS Speedster hood I would imagine is BAS’a own design, I think Pininfarina designed the original hood for MGR and BAS made it so they may not have the rights to produce the OEM hood.

#25 ·
PERRY-MGTF said:
It is not BAS!

The OEM producer of the hood is The Haartz Corporation
They make the fabric for the hood (by the looks of it) not the hood. Otherwise BAS wouldn’t put the following statement on their website.:eyes:

BAS was an O.E. supplier to MG Rover for its MGF and MGTF hoods before the Rover group went into receivership in 2005. BAS still produce these hoods for the aftermarket, as well as a host of other products for the sports car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.