MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good, EASY, way to clean the drivers window runers etc, so that it doesn;t sound so darned awful when the window is going down?

Thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Anyone know of a good, EASY, way to clean the drivers window runers etc, so that it doesn;t sound so darned awful when the window is going down?

Thanks.
WOW perfect timing myjess, my driver window has just started doing the same thing.

It's started since the last wash last weekend. It judders and squeeks going down (no jokes please).

A good friend's father had an XJ6 about 28 years ago and had the same thing and mentioned he would use soapy water to fix it.

But not sure that may stand true with modern windows.

Any modern ideas anyone?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Had the same with my Elise and used exactly as Alex300 suggests. it silicon or fairy liquid on the inside of the rubber makes it all run smooth. Silicon last a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Windows

I Have A Small Container Of Silicon Grease Given To Me By A Plumber, They Use It For Greasing Rubber O Rings On Copper Pipe Fittings.

Just A Bit On The Finger On The Rubber It Just Makes The Edge Of The Window A Bit Greasy And It Picks Up Dust, But Despite This The Windows Run Easier

Hope This Helps

M22 Ken

·
Registered
16 Posts
the noise is normally the small pulley that the cable on the regulator runs around remove the door trim panel and the foam sheet spray some good lubricant on to the pulleys and operate window to check noise has stopped.

·
Registered
rover_75
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what someone needs to do is to find a awy to lubricate that pulley with the window up, using spray silicon lubricant and a long straw!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts