MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and advertise the MG ZS more. It really is a kick ass car! I used to HATE the old 45, the new Rover 45 and MG ZS are a major improvement. MGR should push the MG ZS really hard. The body kit looks superb.

Look at it this way, I'm a fan, but I used to detest the old 45/ ZS. I wouldn't have gone near them with a barge poll. The Grill on the old 45 used to look flipping awfull. But Peter Stevens has waved a magic wand and suddenly I find them desirable. I really fancy getting a ZS. Some of the fans on this website have posted pics of their cars and suddenly I really want one. Come on MGR advertise this car on prime time! Don't leave it all to www.MG-rover.org :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,103 Posts
I give a second to that. The old face of 45/ZS was pretty awful. the new one is passable. At least as good as the Ford/Vauxhall competition.

A bit of advertising couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Aye, at least with those Footy ads they were exposing the ZS doing a reverse 180 down a car park. :hyper:

Then again I bet those knobby do-gooders at the ASA had a field day...

·
Registered
482 Posts
We now get the new ZS180 in Oz. Great looking car. Very fanciable. Dont know why the poms arent buying em in droves. Well I do actually but this has been thoroughly aired on other threads..............

·
Registered
838 Posts
Makes the design 100x smoother and less botched, but still keeps the lariness with the side fins. A brilliant piece of design work -the work of the design team on such limited resources is like feeding the five thousand. Imagine what they could do with access to more design funds than £25 and a book voucher!!

R

·
0 Posts
SteveinOz said:
We now get the new ZS180 in Oz. Great looking car. Very fanciable. Dont know why the poms arent buying em in droves. Well I do actually but this has been thoroughly aired on other threads..............
It has been said in an MGR press release that 40% of sales are now overseas - that is good news as it maens they are making inroads in new markets rather than being entirely dependent upon the UK.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Well MGR have said recently that they are going to make a strong effort to drive up sales and push the brand more, so we could maybe see some advertising in the new year.

They should do a copy of the Citroen C4 ad, with the ZS doing a better dance but breakdancing etc - MGR have to learn that even if the car isn't as good as the competition, who cares - people will buy anything with the right advertising !

Stop shying away MGR, advertise the cars, people will make up their own minds, but at least you might get them into the dealerships!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I've had some real compliments about my new ZS180 :D

A chap that drives an S-Class Merc was looking at it the other day, and I expected him to hate it (he did try and tell me I "don't want to buy a Rover"). In fact he said it was very nice, gorgeous even. I really think XPG helps though, so sexy!

I even tried to be modest and said "Yes it's nice, but if you look close enough you can just about tell it was once a Honda Civic". To which he said "Yeah but they've done a hell of a job with what they've got to work with".

I was quite chuffed with that!

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
parsec said:
I even tried to be modest and said "Yes it's nice, but if you look close enough you can just about tell it was once a Honda Civic".
Why on earth would you say something like that? Be proud of teh car you have - who on earth even remembers the Honda version here anyway - Rover always outsold it by a huge margin.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
cityrover said:
Why on earth would you say something like that? Be proud of teh car you have - who on earth even remembers the Honda version here anyway - Rover always outsold it by a huge margin.
I was trying to gauge whether he though it looked like an "old car". And no he didn't!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Just thinking about that ZS breakdancing ad. Maybe it could start with that C4 ad, but with the MG twice as big, stamping on it and doing a rap at the same time...

Niiice...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts