MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone could give me a general idea of how much a full respray would be with everything colour coded. I'm not sure how many panels the TF has that would need spraying.

I know it probably varies but I'm just after an idea.

Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Emps is pretty spot on.

I asked a bodyshop local to me this same question the other day.

Price for same colour full respray - £2000+VAT approx
Price for just front bumper and Trophy Lip Spoiler - £250+VAT
Price for each side sill and rust treatment - £200+VAT per side.

·
Registered
661 Posts
spraying costs always have and always will vary hugely along with the variation in quality, it is unfortunately a job done mainly by 2 groups, those who enjoy it, quality will be good and price reasonable, and group 2 those who know they can make a fortune, will be expensive and quality will vary. there are still guys around now who will do a full spray for £600 and the quality can be perfect and then there's those who can charge 3k for poor work unfortunately it's hit and miss finding good ones. generally the guys with small back door units seem to be better but can take longer.

chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
2 grand for an car the size of an MG!! Its only half a car for goodness sake compared to a saloon.

Some people must seriously enjoy ripping others off.

·
Registered
mgf
185 Posts
Price for just front bumper and Trophy Lip Spoiler - £250+VAT
Price for each side sill and rust treatment - £200+VAT per side.
That is pretty much the quote I am going to be shopping round for in the next week or so. So my estimate at around the 800 mark wasn't too far off!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm paying £300 for the drivers side front to back and the front bumper where it has severe grit chips, does that sound fair? I did shop around a bit first and he was the only one who said he would go from to back so that it blended.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
I've been quoted £300 for a dust over ( a quick spray to cover up superficial marks and chips) if I strip the car of parts, mask it and get it there. But of course I then have to rebuild it too.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm paying £300 for the drivers side front to back and the front bumper where it has severe grit chips, does that sound fair? I did shop around a bit first and he was the only one who said he would go from to back so that it blended.
I've been quoted £300 for a dust over ( a quick spray to cover up superficial marks and chips) if I strip the car of parts, mask it and get it there. But of course I then have to rebuild it too.

Could you guys please provide some info on where you got the quotes from (if its okay of course) a 300 shmakaroos makeover sounds like a kick ass Xmas gift to me... Cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
It depends what you want

A quality job with the car stripped , prepared. resprayed and then baked to harden the paint..

Or a quick flash over with a few tins a bodge artist gets from Halfords

You get what you pay for I suppose.

Stu

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
my mate got his carrado done, same colour, with a few bits and bobs on the inside to match, for 650 and it was a top notch job

depends where you go really

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Could you guys please provide some info on where you got the quotes from (if its okay of course) a 300 shmakaroos makeover sounds like a kick ass Xmas gift to me... Cheers
It's the guy who did the repair to my rear wing, nice cash job for him at the weekend. Hence why I have to strip the car and tow it there.
I'll dig his number out tonight.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm picking mine up tonight, I pray to god that it looks ok, i may be forced to cry and get quite narky (to say the least) if they've screwed it up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts