MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a rover 75 Y reg. The car constantly is having the same problem after a while of driving
The gears don’t change. I got both the master cylinder and clutch replaced. But according to my
Mechanic the master cylinder either keeps disconnecting or air pressure is leaking from somewhere
And he cant figure out the problem.
When I drive it, it drives fine for a while (since coming back from mechanic) but after a longer journey
The gears become harder then they don’t change easily and after a while they don’t change at all. I have
Previously had to drive it in one gear without changing or switch off put in gear then start car. Although
By the time the mechanic comes to pick it up in a day or 2 it goes fine and he drives it to his workshop.
Could you help me with this problem?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are you absolutely sure that it is the none disengaging of the clutch that is the problem. I assume that it is difficult/impossible to push the gear leaver in to each gear. Can you knock it out of gear easily if you do not use the clutch. Normaly this IS possible. However maybe, just maybe the problem is in the gearbox. Has anybody checked the oil level in the box?
Food for thought

Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts