MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere where i can lay my hands on some bolted gas bonnet struts that will lift and hold up my bonnet rather than that awkward stand that i have to put up all the time.

i have seen a few pics of mg's on this site that have em.

i realise there is probably quite alot to fitting these struts as you have to consider the closed length of the strut as well as the extended length and where the bonnet is going to be when the strut is extended. also the force of the gas strut opening the bonnet. also the weight of the bonnet. if the bonnet will be shut before the strut fully closes. and how far up or down the wing to bolt the strut to.

any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated

thanks

rob

·
Registered
714 Posts
Tein do some, about £90 brand new i think! Search for them on google and you'll bring them up, i think they have a universal fitting option but dont quote me on this!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought of fitting the bonnet struts from the 75 or zt but have had trouble locating some, i am going to measure my mates 75 to ascertain whether they will fit.
mrbukie

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wander down to the local scrappy and pick yourself up a pair of bonnet struts from an 800, that's what most people seem to do, as they're dirt cheap, strong, and as easy to fit as anything else you'll find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts