MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, unfortunatly due to back pressure and blowing 2 litres of coolant out it appears my headgasket on my '96 rover 216 coupe has had it again.

Thing is does anyone know of any reliable garages around Paddock Wood/Tunbridge Wells area as paddock wood autos want to charge me £700 for the privilidge, which is daylight robbery.

Thanks!

(1st time i got it done in Hertfordshire, but cant get greenflag to get it back up here!)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Go to Caffyns/Vauxhall on the industrial estate in Tonbridge- theres a guy there who my dad has known for about 30 years. He's the only guy I let touch my car.

Not sure what kinda money they'd charge though!

Adam

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Who is the chap you know in Caffyns? And how come you dad know him? I worked for Caffyns a long time ago and might know him - or even your dad!

·
Registered
mg_zr
698 Posts
Go to Caffyns/Vauxhall on the industrial estate in Tonbridge
I agree with Adam. I take my ZR there for all servicing. Fantastic service always. Took the Rover 200 when i had it, there too. Very friendly, helpful staff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys ill give them a ring, them a ring, i wouldnt think even a main dealer would stretch to that price (hope not anyway)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
SLARTIBARTFAST said:
Who is the chap you know in Caffyns? And how come you dad know him? I worked for Caffyns a long time ago and might know him - or even your dad!
My Dad is Jeff Wilson, he worked there and at the Tunbridge Wells Caffyns for around 27 years.

The guy that does my car is called Norman (the guy with the pony tail). He's looked after my coupe and my ZS....as long as he's alive and able he's the only guy who touches my cars!

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts