MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Starlight Silver MG TF 135
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the two gaiters at the ends of the gear-change Bowden cables are split. See photo.
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Electrical wiring Metal

Can anyone suggest where replacements can be obtained?
I cannot find anything on the Mike Satur or Rimmer brothers sites, but surely a similar length of gaiter must be used on some other vehicle, and even if it does not fit perfectly, it would be better than the shredded gaiter I have at present.

·
Registered
04 MGTF Sunstorm 135. VW Arteon RLine 2.0 TSi. Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 SE
136 Posts
I have noticed that the two gaiters at the ends of the gear-change Bowden cables are split. See photo. View attachment 137510
Can anyone suggest where replacements can be obtained?
I cannot find anything on the Mike Satur or Rimmer brothers sites, but surely a similar length of gaiter must be used on some other vehicle, and even if it does not fit perfectly, it would be better than the shredded gaiter I have at present.
Under a tenner on eBay

·
Registered
Starlight Silver MG TF 135
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Steve55W and Chris T. I bought the gaiters from mgandamcparts.com via ebay. The main advantage buying there was no shipping/postage charged. They seem to be either selling the "Real" ULS000012, or something identical. My only problem was that the fit on the fore-and-aft gearchange cable is fine, but on the crossgate, the longer movement of the inner cable at the gearbox end causes the small end to pull off the hexagonal section of the swivel. This leaves the inner cable exposed to dirt & water etc. I cured this by using twisted , plastic-coated wire to clamp the nose of the gaiter onto the moving swivel. See photo
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine tool Wood Rim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.