MG-Rover.org Forums banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Well I've tried to solve the left mirror problem...
But:
1. however somebody had modified something inside likely because the mirror had been broken
2. Even I heated it that was to no avail and I broke the mirror
3. Impossible to do otherwise: the silly bloke who did it had glued the mirror for ever with hard glue
4. the interior design was slightly different from the genuine ones I'd taken off even there was no difference outside
5. spring hadn't snapped but swapped with a non genuine shorter one stuck elsewhere ! You are allowed to laugh!
6. I cleaned the inside then glued with silicone (reversible) the spare original mirror
7. I managed to move closer the 2 locking tabs
7. at last I screwed back the whole on the car
Morality: the best is always the enemy of the good!
And from outside all my left mirror looks untouched like in the first place...
Waste of time... :confused: :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
You can always find unexpected thing happen depending how much previous owners and helpers there were ...
I quite agree.
And in my case a 25 year old car with several previous owners needs a very careful and comprehensive inspection after the first overview I'd done where I'd overlooked lots of details. No surprise that hidden points had been totally missed.
Tomorrow I'll receive my 2 complete rear light blocks a nice chap on the FB MG/Rover France forum had sent me for a very friendly price: 27€ including postage. My left one is slightly cracked on a white part. It's of no consequence and water cannot come into. But I don't want to see any easily curable damage in or out the cab, mainly when it can be so easily spotted. You can see that crack on one of the last pictures I posted a few weeks ago. Last niggle? Not so sure... 🤔;)

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Et voilà :

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Today is St Valentin day. Hence a good opportunity to offer a good meal in the middle of nowhere (Concots, Lot) and a nice run in the cabby amidst a lovely & shiny landscape...

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #147 (Edited)
Restaurant looks great. I hope you had a good day and a nice meal. :)
I hope so... for my better half!
It's a very weird restaurant because lots of very different guests are mixed every day for lunch: tourists, retired people, neighbours and the main part are... local workers!
There's only one menu at noon, which is called worker's lunch, i.e. 3 courses all the same, plus one glass of wine & coffee included for the princely sum of... 14.50€ or £12! It may look mean & tight from me but I hadn't any other choice and it was my sweetheart's choice for that special day.
It's so gorgeous and tasty that the chef who owns the restaurant was awarded one hat in the very well famed gastronomic French guide Gault & Millau!
Imagine that there are only 423 inhabitants in that small & remote village! A rarity and only 35km (22 mls) far from home... :love:

141 - 147 of 147 Posts