MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
my rangie would have driven straight through that :err:

No...your Rangie would have sucked it into its air intake and blown out a nice little cloud of placcy dust :)

Its all very well them saying its a low speed car, but that counts for naught when its a combined 30mph collision with a Transit...

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
No...your Rangie would have sucked it into its air intake and blown out a nice little cloud of placcy dust :)

Its all very well them saying its a low speed car, but that counts for naught when its a combined 30mph collision with a Transit...
Transit being driven at 30mph :lol: 90mph would be more accurate.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
G-Wiz, I hope we don't crash...

Well, as it would appear to be the in thing at the minute to be all eco freindly, anything with more then 4 cylinders must be evil type anti car person, more and more people are adopting these strange electric cars, most noteably in London, the G-Wiz.

Hmmm, lush.
Anyhow, turns out it's not awfully brilliant. What I mean is, it'll save the planet, but should you have a wee bump at 30, it ain't gonna save you.
The G-Wiz doesn't have to meet the normal EC crash rules because it is light enough and slow enough to qualify as a quadricycle rather than a car.
In the test undertaken for Top Gear, the front part of the G-Wiz collapsed into the driver's legs, leaving almost no space between various hard metal parts and the rigid underseat battery case.
GoinGreen, the company that sells the Indian-made G-Wiz in Britain, responded that: 'The G-Wiz is designed and used as a low-speed urban commuter vehicle...'
The company's 'safe driving tips' section on its website also advises G-Wiz drivers to 'avoid fast roads'.
Check this out!
All I can say is ouch!
Giving Londons already manic and deadly road system, I don't fancy your chances personally....
So, should they be allowed on the road?

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
why should they not be allowed on the road?

motorbikes are and they have, well pretty much no security....

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
im pretty sure it was streetboys thread.....

it needs reclassified then doesnt it? rather than banning it?

but you have to wear a helmet on a bike because they can go blistering speeds, and only have two wheels (balance etc)....you cant really go that fast in an electric car, and your not likely to loose your balance whilst going round a corner are you?! :lol:

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
What about your normal cyclists and those doddering OAP's on their scooters using the roads, as well as horses. Leave it be, if everyone in London adopted them there wouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Quadracycles must have better legislation - it appears that only AIXAM and Microcar crash test their vehicles on a regular basis. Their cars may look frail but they have stronger bodyshells.

Microcar even offer a driver's airbag on the MC1/MC2 in some markets, but not our market. A very strange decision.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts