MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!
OK, this is a genuine request for a bit of wise knowledge so I can fix my (almost) father in laws 2002 Rover 45. (1.4) (and get in the good books too yes!)
His alarm was having spasms recently. going off all over the place for no apparent reason. - He called the AA, & tried his local dealer, who both looked at it, scratched the heads, checked some door seals, and between them managed to "fix it" by removing a fuse. hmmm.
OK, so when he drove off last week, I see he has no brake lights. So I had a look.
Both bulbs ok, circuit ok, switch ok. Fuse ok according to list on lid, and in handbook.
so I wondered, and put back the fuse that was removed.
AHA! Brake lights...
(Am I impressed? No I bloody well am not! No wonder no one trusts a dealer these days)

SO my very obvious question is: IF according to the manual that Fuse 5 under the bonnet is the alarm, & fuse 8 is the brakes which is right??
I have looked at it a lot, as I thought I cant be that thick... (no comment pls) - and I am pretty sure I got them the right way up, etc etc.

So when checking the rest, to see what was up with the alarm, I found quite a large list of discrepancies between the manual / box list, and what actually switched off when I pulled some of the fuses.
Does anyone have an actual/up to date/CORRECT!!! list of the fuses please?

And any suggestions on that alarm? - Like where are the sensors/switches?
Its not done it since tho. Makes me wonder what it really was & think even less of said dealer.

any suggestions most appreciated,

ta

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
For a start take it back and tell them to fix the problem and not switch off your brake lights, its extremely dangerous!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts