MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Thanks for the reply i'll check this when I got some spare time busy seems it's xmas lol the key fob is the square one. Someone told me to check immobiliser by re-setting it by locking the car via key and waiting etc then trying but that seems to be working fine. Its odd really I was using the car fine drove to the mot station no problems then just would'nt start and haven't since. I have had a little trouble with the car cutting out at junctions and being sluggish but when given some wellie it worked fine this have only happened like 3 times and hasn't been a regular occurance.
I did check this morning if there was a click from the relays when turning the ignition on and I heard a click so I'm thinking it must be the fuel pump itself. I've also changed plugs, leads and coil packs, tried bumping her, took out and cleaned both camshaft and crankshaft sensors, when I undone the fuel filter and tried to turn the car over no fuel came squirting from the filter so i'm really starting to think the pump itself is gone kaput! Any ideas or suggestions It's spinning my head lol!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
might be worth checking for broken wires, sounds as if it's not activating the fuel pump at all so if the wiring is ok then it might be worth looking at the pump itself.
although a dead pump isn't a particularly common problem.

Will do managed to check relays all working fine and a friend had some spare fuses so changed them but still no joy. Just a little question if it has a faulty or dead cam or crankshaft sensor would these cause the car not to start? it had a faulty camshaft sensor previously which I changed because the car was running in limp mode, it was a second hand sensor as at the time there was a 6 month waiting period for 1, but my dad owned a audi a few years back which had the same symptoms and it was the cam sensor. My friends cousin got a diagnostic reader he kindly hooked it up not so long ago but no codes came up. Just trying to eliminate things really.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
i was hoping someone with greater intelligence/knowledge/both would help me out by now.
i'm still in the basic areas at the moment, and haven't ventured too much into the sensors, as long as it works i'll leave it. :err:

have you started a seperate thread, you might get more luck if you do.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
FL1 would refer to (Fusible Link 1) the fusible links are the square fuses with round copper elements in the engine bay fusebox. these are typically higer rated than the normal fuses which would make sense as the heated screen can draw a lot of power.
as the fusible links have a clear top, have a look in the engine bay fusebox and visually inspect them for any breaks in the elements.

Rover 25, year 2002.

rear wash/wipe stopped so am assuming it's the fuse, but which one and other than in the engine bay, are they located somewhere else ?

Also, air-con has suddenly stopped so would the 2 problems be linked ??

Discussion starter · #34 ·
fusebox is in the cabin under the steering wheel.
there are 3 catches with a slot in each for a coin to turn it (most of the time you can just turn them with your thumb or a fingernail.)

air-con usually has a cut-off system for when the coolant pressure drops, could be a leak in the system, check the fuses and if all ok take it to get looked at. most garages can do aircon now, and if they can't they should be happy to point you in the direction of someone who can.

Thanks guys very much.

FL10 appears to have blown and the rear wash/wipe fuse also looks to be blown. I've ordered some replacement fuses for the rear wash/wipe but any idea where I might get a new FL10 and how can I check if the R7 is faulty ??

Discussion starter · #37 ·
do you have front fogs? the relays are the same, so swap the fog and aircon relays over and test, if the fogs still work, but aircon still doesn't (once the fusible link is changed) then the relay is ok.

the ''FL'' fuses are awkward buggers to get hold of sometimes, best bet is to go raid the local scrapyard, get a couple, incase whatever caused it to trip out happens again.

which one is the front fog relay ??

I've ordered some spare fuses and bought an FL10 so when they come I'll install and see what happens.

I'll check out the auction site for an R7 in the meantime.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.