MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a drive yesterday, suddenly the head unit turned off, the clock turned off, "tail gate open" light came on and the light in the boot was just off weather the boot is open or closed. I figured out that a fuse(number 10). blew. I changed the fuse and the same thing happened today. I dont understand what is happening.

·
Registered
rover_25
342 Posts
prob shortin somewhere! prob best check round the boot area as ive heard alot of peps have had trouble with the boot poppin open,is it not under warranty?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
On the right hand side of the boot, theres a rubber gromit, pull this back and you will find a bunch of frayed wires. This is your problem.

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
On the right hand side of the boot, theres a rubber gromit, pull this back and you will find a bunch of frayed wires. This is your problem.
what do u do with the wires

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
SinghMgZr said:
what do u do with the wires
Depends on what they are like (im not definatly saying this is your problem but is most likely). Best to check first and see what they are like.

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anybody else know what the problem is and how to fix the problem.

could it be beacuse the standard speaker arnt compatable with the the kenwood headunit? i dunno:shake:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have this problem too, it's the wires near the tailgate as has already been mentioned. Very common and majorly annoying problem with the 25/ZR and probably the mk3 200 as well.

Basically, the head unit, clock and internal light and the boot warning thing are all on the same circuit so when you get a duff connection it affects all these things.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8 Posts
Having same problem

I have the same problem but iv checked the underneath the rubber grommet and the wires are fine, iv also checked behind the head unit and the fuse keeps blowing in the main box

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Why not take the bulb out of the boot light, pop a new fuse in and see if it blows, if it doesnt you know your problem is the light. If it still blows keep removing parts on the circuit untill the fuse doesnt blow.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It's the boot loom. Remove the rubber pipe from the body and tailgate, cut away the black tape and pull the pipe down about 3-4 inch. This will reveal the frayed wires. They are bare wires and shorting.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,993 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts