MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
classic_rover
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a 75 CDT that has done 140000. At the weekend I removed and cleand the EGR. It was very bunged up. I also did the air intake mod. Now the car feals a bit more resonsive, but it has now got a gunny noise.

The noise is a whooooop at about 2800-3200 rpm. It is very bad under part throtal. Also when it gets to 4000 it sounds like there is a dump valve.

So the questions is. Is the noise bad or normal?

I also have another question. There is a pipe that ends next to the batery box. This feals like it has got foam in it. It looks like it gos towards the turbo. Could this be a dump valve blow off?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sounds perfectly normal - you are now hearing the turbo working and nothing to worry about.

Not sure about the pipe - can you show us a picture?

·
Registered
mgb
1,452 Posts
If you have got a fuel burning heater, it may be the air intake, that has foam in it to act as a silencer.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
The noise is due to the intake mod. The intake pipe is now collapsing when sucking in air, see ti richs other thread with the photo of how to stop the intake collapsing.

The pipe with foam is the air intake for the fuel burning heater. It is supposed to have foam in it to reduce intake noise from the heater.

I hope the above helps.

·
Banned
0 Posts
can anyone tell me where the egr valve is on a diesel, mines done 101134miles and is due for a clean, a pic would be good

thx

·
Registered
classic_rover
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not got the FBH. Or is all of the parts there apart from the timer?

I will look at the intake for colapsing

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
leader said:
I have not got the FBH. Or is all of the parts there apart from the timer?

I will look at the intake for colapsing
Depending on the year/spec of the car the fbh is all there except the timer (and timer wiring).

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Yep snorkel is the FBH air intake, small pipe in front is one of the FBH water pipes FBH is the box of tricks directly underneath both pipes.

Timer etc would be in the armrest

Then the FBH is also known as a Parking Heater

The one below does not have a FBH just some of the plumbing to retrofit one later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts