MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
The "published" figure is 50 litres, but apparently that doesn't take the reserve into account.

So I'd say you were pretty close to an embarrassing situation ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I often put over 50 litres in my F although have rarely gone over 52.

I am sure I got 56 litres in one time.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
completely not F/TF related :lol: but the most ive got into mine (55l tank apparently) is 48 litres iirc.

you were very much on the line i reckon deano.

and zeek, if you saw the fuel in the filler neck, dont forget that will count for a litre or so!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've always wandered what the reality size is for the tank, i've often put more than 50 litres when filling up.

You would've thought the reserve would be part of the 50 litres but it must not be.

Usually a reserve is about 8 litres or 40 miles worth. So taking to account this and the filler neck, 56 litres is prob the real capacity of the TF fuel tank...

;)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have managed 53 litres once. I always fill it up before the red light ever appears as i dont want it to run with the fuel in the bottom of the tank which can have worse quality and junk.

·
Registered
mg_tf
16 Posts
We just filled our 2002 MGTF and it took 57.85 liters. Does that sound possible or is it more likely the local filling stations pumps are reading incorrectly.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
We just filled our 2002 MGTF and it took 57.85 liters. Does that sound possible or is it more likely the local filling stations pumps are reading incorrectly.
That sounds way over, i was on fumes a few weeks back and got 52ltrs in, I'd go back with an empty 5ltr can and see what the pump reads when its full, then ask for my money back :broon:

Edit :you checked inside the cabin for the other 6 ltrs? :)

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I have managed 53 litres once. I always fill it up before the red light ever appears as i dont want it to run with the fuel in the bottom of the tank which can have worse quality and junk.
You would rather leave it there? I would rather keep it circulating then through in a tank of V-Power to clean it every couple of months.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts