MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i know i have seen this somewhere but cannot find it (and i have searched!!)
but roughly how much does it cost to fill up (full tank) a 1.6 and 1.8 and how many miles do people generally get out of it??

Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get around 340-350 out of my 120 BUT I have just had it remapped (yesterday!).

Performance is better, but the fuel econnemy has gone through the roof. I have done 160 miles and the fuel gage has dropped down "one notch" - would have been a lot lower before!

I recon I'll end up getting around 450-500 at this rate, but knowing how accurate my fuel gague is probably a bit less....

Cost on filling the tank depends on how much the petrol costs ;) Filled mine up yesterday and it cost me £55. (55 litre tank)

HTH

·
Registered
206 Posts
Previous ZS 120 could get nearly 400 miles to a tankful if driven carefully.
Current ZS 180 should see just over 300 miles under the same conditions which isn't as bad as I had expected.

·
Registered
99 Posts
400 miles is about right, obviously depending on the roads. the economy on my 120 has dropped loads in the last week cos of more country driving but it seems to like motorways a lot better. £40 seems to fill it up nicely

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Pay no attention to the stupid fuel gauge. It's basically useless.

I filled up to the brim over a week ago and for the past 6 days the needle hasn't moved, yet today decided to drop 1/4 after doing about 30 miles (urban)

It's totally inaccurate. You need to wait till the tank is totally empty before you can do a proper reading.
You can't guess a figure from the gauge.

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Have to agree with daz I can get 120 miles from top quarter of a tank one week then 40 miles the next the guage is very random - about 280 to 320 a tank sounds about right for a 180 so i would think more for a 120

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just did the sums on my ZS 180 which did 326.5 miles on 47.3 litres of fuel.
That equates to about 31.3 mpg. Driving style was conservative with 1/3 city driving and 2/3 motorway. Also interesting that there's nearly 2 gallon still in there when the needle hits the red and the warning light just starts to flicker.

·
Registered
196 Posts
On my drive relocating from Dundee to Warrington with a few miles in between I got around (forgotten the exact number) 310-320 out of my 180 and was rather chuffed cos it never normally gets close to 300... Guess this was due to my wife following in the 216GSi ;)

·
Registered
mg_zs
183 Posts
I do mainly town driving with the occasional back road thrash (very occasional unfortunateley), however I do like to ahem.. "rag" it a bit away from the lights. I put 50 quid in and got 350 miles, but I usually fill up when the trip meter registers 320, cos the petrol light flickers on and off and the gauge sits below red but still appears to have plenty left, but who knows??
And i can't be arsed to walk can in hand after running out!
I think i worked my average at 27mpg. Not bad for an abused car!
My Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X never went above 24 even when driven like granddad!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts