MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry, I do not know the part number, but the Webasto is not a fuel pump - it is a diesel fired heater to assist in bringing the coolant to working temperature in cold weather. Think of it as a small water boiler (like an Ascot). These devices are also commonly used on coaches to assist in heating the cabin as the engine does not produce enough waste heat to do this.

Diesel engines are more thermally efficient than petrols and less of the energy released in the combustion process is lost as heat than is the case in a petrol engine.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I assume you mean the one behind the rear wheel

JEX100090 approx £128

I saw some on Ebay for around £35-40 when helping Rover Ron fault find his.
It is a simple solenoid pump have you given it a tap and made sure it is being pulsed properly?

·
Registered
480 Posts
webasto solenoid tests

could have sworn my test last week resulted in a hot Webasto exhaust! but now nothing, just fan on webasto whirring nicely. Tapped solenoid, which is as rusty as anything. it has 12V supply, but no ticking.
Question:
if webasto lockout occurs, will that shut the supply to the solenoid? i.e. can I test pump until lockout has been 'removed'?
After lockout, does webasto need to be reprimed, even if its been off for a few hours. (i.e. does it self-prime itself)
how do I remove lockout?
what meter tests do I do on the pump.. should there be continuity, or resistance or something...before I know its completely dead...

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If the FBH fails to start give the pump a tap they can jam up through lack of use in the summer

If the FBH fails to start after the third attempt it goes in to lock out, disconnect and reconnect the power lead (2 pin plug) on the FBH to reset and fault find why it does not work normally lack of diesel so check the pump again

useful info here including fault finding procedues

http://www.techwebasto.com/thermosystems_automotive.htm

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've never looked. Where does the Webasto unit exhaust to? Does it link to the main system or does it exit under the car? Just curious, that's all at the moment.

·
Registered
480 Posts
thanks keith. will try the power plug.
I've just uncovered the webasto guides after finding a specific webasto fitting guide for the 75 ... and listed all the pdfs that look most useful to us in the main 75 forum.

·
Registered
480 Posts
YES, pulling the two pin power plug does the trick in resetting the fbh!
Note - check what is located near your heater exhaust! I found a clear tube/vent from the battery terminal, which was 'melted' shut from touching on the fbh exhaust. And the main cooling system hoses are very close... just check, especially if the heater hasnt been working for a while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've never looked. Where does the Webasto unit exhaust to? Does it link to the main system or does it exit under the car? Just curious, that's all at the moment.
There is a separate exhaust tube going from the heater straight down. It does not connect to anything.
Spôôk

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I bought the optional silencer for mine as when under remote control in car parks at some of the Hotels I use I was getting worried messages from receptionist :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I bought the optional silencer for mine as when under remote control in car parks at some of the Hotels I use I was getting worried messages from receptionist :)

There are a few of those silencers on fleabay Keith, but they quote different tube diameters.

Do you remember the diameter of your silencer tubing please?

Paul

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Sod ebay look it up on the EPC £12 I think over the counter with the two clamps as well I ordered silencer and exhaust from Furrows they had it in for collection the very next day

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sod ebay look it up on the EPC £12 I think over the counter with the two clamps as well I ordered silencer and exhaust from Furrows they had it in for collection the very next day
Crikey - something from Rover for a reasonable peice

Cheers Keith

Hmm - I think a copy of the November EPC would be in order as well, when i talk to my part dept mate

Paul

·
Registered
531 Posts
First frost of the year so I left the car out deliberately to get below 5 degrees.

Put ignition to No. 2 position and listened under the bonet. Box next to battery and fbh whirred so I presume it's the fuel pump. At this point I had no whirring from rear of car or uder the rear ns wheel arch

Fired engine and the fbh sucked in air, and pumped out cold air. Checked rear of car and again no whirring.

I tried the "disconnect" trick but no joy.

I think I may have a general fuel pump issue, but in addition I get the impression I need to check the FBH solenoid that "needs a tap". Where do I find it on the car?

·
Registered
480 Posts
drivers side, back end of sill, near rear jacking point. its mounted on rubber and has fuel pipes at either end and a two wire connector!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Keith, whats with the

The Two Sixties - It's a V8 thing..but a Parking Heater that's a CDT thing.........

See you are coming over to the V8 side slowly......hurry up and get the ZTT!!!

I had my first experience this morning of the heater in the CDT coming on and I can confirm I'm well impressed! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts