MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive been taking everything thats been said on this forum into consideration and have now decided to go ahead and put the sub, in the front of the car where the spare wheel is meant to go... Has anyone on this forum done this yet and how does it sound?

Im hoping for as little rattle as possible...

Tips Welcome....

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I think the main probem is that subs and water dont mix very well. The front compartment is not water tight.
I dont know how well the sound would travel through the bulkhead either, not very well I suspect :(
The front area also constitutes part of the 'crumple zone'.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Plus the spare wheel has a noticible effect at keeping the front of the car pushed down at speed. You'd be best off making sure the weight was the same at least as the spare wheel.

And when you get a puncture, I know which of the two I'd rather have in the front ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my tf came with a puncture repair kit, so ive not got a spare wheel in the front, as for it not being water resistant, this can be an issue!

so der is no place to fit a sub in the TF apart from in the actual cockpit!?

thats lame!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
matey, i can gaurantee you for people who love their sounds, its a very important design issue!

damm MG!

:eek:verkill:

:rotflmao:

Still love em!

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Soulman said:
Does anyone have a sub in the back? looks like enough room for one to me.
The boot? The engine sort of gets in the way or being able to hear anything except with the roof down moving slowly :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
thier is a sub which is like a slim line one ive seen it on here im sure someone will give you a link ye =) butas for the spare wheel mine came with a punchure repair kit and i advise to get a spare wheel it makes so much differance on the motorway at speeds etc. really keeps the car in control with the added weight at the front

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
iv'e had 2 subs in the boot and one in the front and i can safely say that they are crap there is not point try and get some bass from inside the cockpit..

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
If you don't mind losing some of the passenger footwell there are instructions around to create a subbox there, or you can fit a more slimline one behind the seats, just don't drill into the fuel tank!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ok I shall try and remember tommorrow - may need reminding tho' !

Its a little dark now :)

you lose a couple of clicks on the seat so some leg room is compromised but my SO never quite reached 5ft so im ok :)

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
This is what I have, ignore the fact it's hideously ugly. It does very admirably job of providing some welly in the cabin. Mine was £140, and it's only 2 inches thick, so sits behind my seat without any problems what soever, don't even need to nudge it forward.

Ugly-sub!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ok here is my alpine swd-1600 or something along those lines ;)

Its quite robust so didnt need securing beyond some velcro underneeth which is easily removable but holds the amp still (along with the back of the chair)

the amp wont blow your ears off but is a major improvement over standard 135 system (headunit made another big diff) and is an active sub as opposed to passive. Was easy to install - took me about 45 mins tops.

the amp has a bit that glows on it - but you can see that. it suprisingley easy to adjust from the drivers seat.

And I have no idea why my carpet looks blue?!?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red_Devil said:
Ok here is my alpine swd-1600 or something along those lines ;)

Its quite robust so didnt need securing beyond some velcro underneeth which is easily removable but holds the amp still (along with the back of the chair)

the amp wont blow your ears off but is a major improvement over standard 135 system (headunit made another big diff) and is an active sub as opposed to passive. Was easy to install - took me about 45 mins tops.

the amp has a bit that glows on it - but you can see that. it suprisingley easy to adjust from the drivers seat.

And I have no idea why my carpet looks blue?!?

this is the sub i was thinking about getting.... i think i may have to settle for the alpine after all...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts