MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, After readind the thread about the parking sensors on e.bay I would like to fit them on my front bumper. I have a 01 75 Con CDT. Has anyone ever fitted them or will there be problems?. Thanks, John.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi John,

Before you do this, I would recommend that you either find a friend who has them, or failing that, rent a car that has them for the day, then go and find a traffic jam to sit in!

I once had a hire car with front sensors in the Netherlands (where all Motorways are traffic jams at all times), and it drove me absolutely nuts! Unfortunately, the system had no way to differentiate between the car in front in a traffic jam and a brick wall when parking! 2 hours of constant beeping if I got anywhere near the car in front was enough to make me swear off them for life :sad3:

Having said that, if you're wiring them yourself, I suppose there is absolutely nothing to stop you from putting in a switch so that you can turn them off in a traffic jam :bgrin: You'd just have to remember to turn the sensors back on when you were parking!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front sensors.

Thanks Womble. I still would like them as my reverse sensors are a Godsend in the road where I live. Thats a great idea about a cutoff switch, I never thought about that. Again, thanks. John.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts