MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 53 plate TF, and am in the middle of fitting fog lights. I've got everything but the loom, which my car didn't come with. Apparently there are two different looms and mine is the one that's a rare as rocking horse poo at the moment. I know a few people have made them thereselves, how much of a job would this be?

I'd say I could get most of the tools to make one, just wouldn't know where to start really.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Loaky, IMO your best option may be to buy a universal harness from Halfrauds or the likes and not use the MG loom at all.
Depending on which bits of the MG loom you have, you could then splice the MG connectors for the lights and switch onto the other loom. The lights may even just have spade connectors (I cant recall what they have TBO) which would make it even easier.
The only difficult bit would be getting the connector you the switch if you dont already have it.
Most universal looms come with a relay which you can just mount in the front of the car, and wont need to worry about using the main fuse and relay box under the dash.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Loaky,have you tried giving Mike Satur a ring,as he managed to source the loom and the ultra rare fog lamp brackets for mine for me.
Maybe worth a call,as he got mine in about two weeks.Dont know if that helps any

·
Registered
MG TF
498 Posts
I fitted the fogs to my 2004 TF three weeks ago. I needed the ultra rare loom and the only place with stock was rimmer bros. Cost me just under £70 though.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
petevick said:
could you make one up given a wiring diagram Jon ??

edit: Steve's idea seems more practical imo ;)
Wiring diagram would be ace Pete, I could probably knock something at up at work yep.

And as Sharkey said the connectors are the ball-ache abotu it, i'd think. I haven't looked at the connectors i'd need to plug into yet though.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The circuit diagram is ok and helps a bit, but has anyone got a completely 'noddy worded' wiring diagram type of thing for the foglight loom? :)

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep you're probably in the same position as me then by the sound sof it, if you make a start show what you've done. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts