MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,506 Posts
i'll have a set of vented 262mm cailpers complete with good pads and disk with less then 2k on them for sale in the next few weeks if your intrested

scotty

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
From Up North said:
So £29.99 + £12.99 p&p would be reasonable for a pair of New 262mm diameter Vented Discs and pads?
I got the my brake discs from my local motor factors. 262mm vented - £26. Have a look at your local car spares shop as you may be able to save £13 in postage.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G13SJC said:
I got the my brake discs from my local motor factors. 262mm vented - £26. Have a look at your local car spares shop as you may be able to save £13 in postage.
Cheers. I take it that standard pads will work on vented discs. Don't laugh.

Only ever had cars with solid discs.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
From Up North said:
Cheers. I take it that standard pads will work on vented discs. Don't laugh.

Only ever had cars with solid discs.
You can't use vented discs in a solid set up. You need to change the calipers and carriers.

As for the cheapo discs and pads just think about what you are buying. These are the only thing that are stopping you from ploughing into the back of a truck.
They will likely be of cheap quality and won't last. I've seen the difference between decent brakes and cheap ones and it pays to get quality.

I've seen Mintex discs and pads on Ebay for around the £50 mark which will be far better. It's not much considering you are trusting them with your life and they last a long time before they need changing again.
You will spend more on oil changes than you would on the brakes, so why compromise?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts