MG-Rover.org Forums banner

From NAC-MG UK

4K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  podders 
#1 ·
Received this from NAC, I only wanted to find out if I could get a set of MG 7 rear light clusters, but got a fair bit of info:

Firstly please accept our apologies for the late reply. NAC MG UK has been overwhelmed in the response from our information contact email address.

NAC are planning to launch the new MG brand in the UK and China later in the year where we aim to concentrate our immediate efforts (dates to be confirmed). There are plans in place to launch the MG brand into Europe sometime during late 2008. The USA markets are also being discussed with possible plans for re-launch at the very end of 2008. other global markets have yet to be discussed.
Also note at this stage that only the TF is currently being re-launched in the UK with later models as appropriate!

In relation to your enquiry regarding spare parts please be advised that XPart who have been providing parts and technical support for the MG-Rover products since MG-Rover went into administration in 2005.
The contact number for XPart is; 0870 242 4791
Alternatively you may email them at; Xpart_communications@cat.com
You may also find it helpful to visit their website at; http://www.xpart.com/

Sales and Marketing
NAC MG (UK) Limited

See less See more
#5 ·
In relation to your enquiry regarding spare parts please be advised that XPart who have been providing parts and technical support for the MG-Rover products since MG-Rover went into administration in 2005.
The contact number for XPart is; 0870 242 4791
Alternatively you may email them at; Xpart_communications@cat.com
You may also find it helpful to visit their website at; http://www.xpart.com/

Sales and Marketing
NAC MG (UK) Limited
I thought they said this ?

Besides that you wont get those lights for months yet, they wont be "off tool" parts and were probably specially built prototypes for the show cars.

#6 ·
I wish they would stop refering to NAC so much. In China it may be appropriate to refer to NAC all the time but in most other markets I think they should erase NAC and just run with MG. As a possible future customer I don't want reminding that MG's are made in China because Chinese car makers aren't generally renowned for making great cars. Why would people want to buy from the developing world when they can buy from the developed? I know it sounds snobbish but in the real world people like to think of their car as European, Japanese or American....

#12 ·
I will try and answer the question posed.

The new rear lights are LED, which use a differant electrical system to the original MG-R built MGZT/Rover 75. The main concern will be that they draw a lower current, if fitted directly to a standard (un-modified) MG-R built vehicle, you will get bulb failure warning lights appear on your IP. (I know I have tried it!)

We dont have any problems with the lights on our new PUKOU built vehicles, as the electrical systems have been modified accordingly, obviously this has been our priority.

However, we are working on the problem, so that in the future you may be able to purchase a set of lights, to fit to an MG-R built vehicle - I cant give any timing on this, however I am sure we can resolve the issue within the next few months, in fact one of the member of MG-Rover.org will be in recieve a set of new tail-lights to try within the next 10 days!

Hope this answers your question.

#14 ·
The marketing guys in the UK are also more than familiar with the clamour for the new LED lamps as a retrofit to Longbridge built 75/ZT - found this out some while back when over there discussing other things!

BTW I hope that there are plans to produce similar LED lamps for the ZTT!!! :)

#20 ·
There's apparently been nothing forthcoming as to the start of construction of the Ardmore facility.
Well if you believed the Duke work started on the dedicated MG R+D facility at the Norman campus of the University of Oklahoma in July last year.

The Engineering College is indeed building two new buildings but neither seems to have been earmarked for MG at any point.

#19 ·
Not sure but I think the US would be served by the Oklahoma plant and the UK. Ardmore is still tbc with varuous parties in talks. US sales are part of he plan, and longer term production is too, but meantime if NAC don't have someone else to share the burden of a new US venture like this they'll go for making Longbridge more viable by sourcing more production from the UK.

#21 ·
NAC are planning to launch the new MG brand in the UK and China later in the year where we aim to concentrate our immediate efforts (dates to be confirmed). There are plans in place to launch the MG brand into Europe sometime during late 2008.
Something doesn't make sense in there. I think they mean "mainland" Europe, becuase surely later this year doesn't equal 2008? :confused:

So why does it take so long to send a standard response?

#22 ·
If NAC-MG want to end all the confusion about SAIC and NAC and China they should, as suggested on this forum, drop NAC and just use MG. It's a barrier to UK sales, drop it. Why rub potential customers noses in the fact that the company is Chinese owned if that puts those customers off?

Remember when Standard bought Triumph they changed their name to the then bankrupt Triumph because it was a better name that the public had more affinity to.

Forget your pride NAC, and call yourselves the MG Car company - then you'll be seen as a British sportscar company and not a Chinese company with a foothold in the UK.

#23 ·
It would be nice if NACs UK operations were callled The MG Car Co Ltd- or, even better, Morris Garages Ltd- but I doubt it'll happen. They are keen to launch MG and make a success of it, but they are also very proud of their own history and the work that NAC has achieved in its own right. They want the name NAC to be big, bold and known- they want the West to take notice of them and they also want respect. They have achieved a lot and are here to stay- maybe MG isn't the last brand they'll launch. Maybe MG isn't the last brand or company they'll buy either! Get used to NAC....

#24 ·
But when Vauxhall writes a letter to customers they don't mention GM because it's inappropriate. Land Rover never mentions the fact it's owned by Ford. I'm not saying erase NAC completley from this (part of NAC group on letter head is fine) but the should not keep mentioning NAC in every other sentence. This kind of thing is very important sadly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.