MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wants to move back to 'normal' broadband such as Wanadoo using Outlook Express and Internet Explorer, binning his long time use AOL.

I want to know, as he has asked me, how to save the Address Book contents stored on the AOL, and also the Favourites, so they can be used on the MS programs.

I have never used AOL, so I havent a clue what to tell him.

The aim is to install a home network [wired] with his main computer, a second pc and a laptop, due to limitations with AOL we werent able to do this.

I dont need any network info, I run one myself using 5 pcs connected to a wanadoo broadband. all wired.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
you can do that with AOL, simply buy a ADSL modem router, set up a new full access screen name, password must be 8 characters in length no more no less and then just enter all the details into the modem router. There's a couple of settings as well to ensure but they are all on the web, voila! AOL through a router with no need to use any of the AOL software (use their web mail for email) and you can share the connection with as many computers as the router supports.

I have this at my ex's usign AOL, they have two computers plugged into it wired, 1 xbox 360 and a wireless connection for the laptop. Works like a charm.

Also there'll be no need to reconnect each time ya start the computers either, leave the router on and it will stay connected perminently until the line drops.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Yeah, like shtopper said, just buy a modem router. Im with AOL too and bought a Netgear Wireless Modem Router. Once th emodem is powered on, it connects to the internet via your pre set username and password. Which means i can connect my PS2 to the net without having to turn my PC on too. Our pc in another bedroo connects via the wirelsess USB adapter. I don't know zilch about networking though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts