MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Has anyone on here had an custom exhaust fitted by Free Flow? I am thinking about booking in to get a custom cat back. Was on the phone to the guys and they seemed to know waht they were talking about.

So your thoughts guys... Any info at all would be excellent!

Cheers
George

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
weve covered this a few times already. the performance peeps would go for janspeed or mg xpower parts etc and the looks people tend to go for the custom exhausts.

my opinion is that custom exhausts are like furniture from mfi or ikea, look the part, reasonably priced but are generaly crap and never going to perform or last as long.

my recomendation is a janspeed cat back, bout £300.

Col

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Don't agree 100% - A well made custom exhaust designed specific with performance in mind for your car can do a fantastic job - especially if it's the whole exhaust not jus some ****ty back box lol

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
Custom can be a performance mod if the maker knows what they are doing.

More often than not, they do not know how to make a performing exhaust and this I believe is Col's point. I would agree with him.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well I Love My Powerflow System...

and it is guarenteed for life ( or as long as i own the car ).....

Personal choice really...

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post i know but ... free flow use a lesser grade of stainless than most

Try C & C in hillington i got them to make a custom for my impreza (when i had it :() & they do a brilliant job

My 2p's

Stephen

·
Registered
144 Posts
i've always had custom made exhausts on ma cars. one was a powerflow full system +decat which was ok but pretty expensive for what you get. I seen some freeflow work and wasn't impressed at all, sorry freeflow people but it looked and sound'd sh1t! my most recent was from Meercat and willie the owner bloodywell knows his stuff. all his reasearch was done with formula 1 and nascar and he even makes zorsts for rally cars. i got a 3" bore from turbo back +decat and its like driving a different car! all the bends are round as you can see by the pics, so it doesn't restrict any airflow at all. He even makes the backbox on front of your eyes. i now personally wont go anywhere other than meercat for an exhaust. have a look at his website. www.meercat-exhausts.com

Cheers, Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Big_Pimp_Chris said:
i've always had custom made exhausts on ma cars. one was a powerflow full system +decat which was ok but pretty expensive for what you get. I seen some freeflow work and wasn't impressed at all, sorry freeflow people but it looked and sound'd sh1t! my most recent was from Meercat and willie the owner bloodywell knows his stuff. all his reasearch was done with formula 1 and nascar and he even makes zorsts for rally cars. i got a 3" bore from turbo back +decat and its like driving a different car! all the bends are round as you can see by the pics, so it doesn't restrict any airflow at all. He even makes the backbox on front of your eyes. i now personally wont go anywhere other than meercat for an exhaust. have a look at his website. www.meercat-exhausts.com

Cheers, Chris.
My Modded ZS is coming along nicely, I've been out of the country for a while and saved a few pennies. Took a trip down to kilbirnie to see this guys work and in MHO it looks good so much so im getting a exhaust made twine pipe twin exit. I will post pictures when I get the chance!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts