MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
They need to put some details i.e. contacts down on their site before they get my email address! God knows who these people are.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Well, I've a few quids worth of National Grid shares which I would be delighted to swap for MG Rover ones. Pledge made.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Derrin said:
They need to put some details i.e. contacts down on their site before they get my email address! God knows who these people are.
http://195.66.240.211/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=savemgr.org.uk

Full name and address, heck, you could probably get the guys phone number from 118 whatever and give him a phone. Considering such a rescue plan has been touted round these parts already, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the site owner is a member here already.

·
Registered
882 Posts
This sounds like Sunbeam mans idea.

My concern is we don't yet know exactly what we are pledging money for. I wouldn't want my hard earned being mis-used by the Chinese, or used by the company to continue its full current product range and structure.

However, I do think this is an excellent principle, and so I will pledge what is to me a substantial sum of money.

Anyone know who the site is registered to?

Spread the word - do BBC WM know?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
how much should we pledge individually, I knw some of us have a lot more money than others, but say what amount could be good, say a weeks petrol or something ???

·
Registered
882 Posts
Derrin said:
The thought had occured to me, but thats what hotmail accounts are for.

·
Registered
882 Posts
no1knows said:
how much should we pledge individually, I knw some of us have a lot more money than others, but say what amount could be good, say a weeks petrol or something ???
Pledge what you would normally consider investing in shares in a single company, or more if you really value the workforce and marques.

My pledge was in the hundreds, but even if you can't afford that, every little helps.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Regardless of the outcome of the current situation it seems likely that jobs are going to be lost at Longbridge therefore I think all pledges should go to those individuals who will lose their jobs.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol no I cant afford,
investing in shares in a single company
lol never bought shares before either ......... only ones either ever had were given to me when I had worked at a place for a year (co op )

I give a tanks worth of petrol then......... ( not much but i ll feel part of it then )

Whats the amount we need to raise together to save MGR ?? OR at least help them ??? (

Secondly whats the likelyhood of reaching this total ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
*DLN* said:
Regardless of the outcome of the current situation it seems likely that jobs are going to be lost at Longbridge therefore I think all pledges should go to those individuals who will lose their jobs.
Think long term DLN. This is about saving British manufacturing, to safeguard the future of the British workforce.

MGR may be a small company, but it is symbolic of UK manufacturing. National pride is also at stake.

·
Registered
882 Posts
*DLN* said:
The total currently tops £33,000, I hope everyone is prepared to honour their pledges.
I might even increase mine if the total soars into the tens of millions.

This pledge on its own may not be enough, but could encourage big investors to go halves with enthusiasts on some parts of the business.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Is someone taking the piss with this? My pledge ID is "18" (indicating a relatively low number) yet two minutes later we're up to 34k

1 - 20 of 41 Posts