MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Trying to decide whether to get the limited edition with all the extra bonus cars.

Just wish they'd make some tweaks like adding in weather and making tyre wear a bit more of a factor. If they do a similar season structure to 3 it'd be good if it actually included all events as season events. Did anyone else get bugged by not being able to select endurance races or set hp races in season mode?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'll definately be getting Forza 4, Looks ace, Tried out the demo and I must say I am impressed with the graphics and handling characteristics, Can't wait for the 14th to get it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Received mine today. Well done GAME, one day early.

Now to download all the bleedin add on packs as part of the limited edition. Never know, i might even get to play it tonight!

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
going to get my copy tonight hopfully!!

cant freaking wait!
Played the demo and just droooooled everywhere.. its such a sexy game and playes so well!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
First impressions

Ok first impressions...

Graphics are good – it’s tidier than Forza 3, but you’d expect that from a game released 2 years later – better technologies etc, so thats a given.

Game play wise – there does seem to be a bit more realism in the driving, and it’s definitely easier to spin out in a high powered rwd car if you put the power on too soon, so good marks there.

The problem is in the Career mode – i just don’t get it. Instead of pick a championship, here’s your races, it’s here’s your track, pick a championship, for that ONE race. Makes it very convoluted. Less restrictions on what to use s well. For example, you’d have thought the America class E championship you could only drive American cars (makes sense right). Well no, its American tracks, but you can drive any car. Oh, and i could do without being forced to do the stupid Top Gear bowling in every championship season. I want to race, not do stupid gimmicks.

In 3, one of my favourite things was the levelling up system. Get a car up to level 5, then you don’t need to use it again. It allowed me to plan which races i was going to pick carefully, to get the cars levelled up without wasting credits. OK, maybe i was being a bit too geeky in that respect, but hell, it added an extra dimension to just driving round in circles. Now though, the cars don’t level up, but the manufacturers do, up to level 5. With each level you get a discount on any modified parts for that manufacturer, and on level 5, all modifications for that manufacturer are free, which for me, completely destroys the aspect of planning and being careful with resources.

Also, while I like the fact that you can pick which car you win when you level up from a selection, I HATE the fact that their already modified up to the maximum within their class. The computer decides which modifications to put on, and they’re certainly not the ones i would pick, but it gets an E class car up to 274/275 for example (max 275). All the cars you race against are modded in the same way, so good luck trying to find a nice even unmodified car race! It wouldn’t be so bad if you could remove all the existing modifications at once, but you can’t, and it doesn’t tell you which mods are applied, so if you want to return the car back to stock and do your own modifying, you have to search through all the modification choices to see which have been applied – it’s ridiculous.

Only really just started the career mode, but the opponent ability is rubbish. When you pick a random event you can set the opponent difficulty, but not in career mode, so for the tart of the game, if your a seasoned forza player, you’ll just destroy the competition far too easily.

I dunno, i feel like they’ve messed with it far too much for my liking. I’ll stick with it and see if it grows in me, but i wish they’d kept some of the better aspects of 3

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Ok first impressions...

Graphics are good – it’s tidier than Forza 3, but you’d expect that from a game released 2 years later – better technologies etc, so thats a given.

Game play wise – there does seem to be a bit more realism in the driving, and it’s definitely easier to spin out in a high powered rwd car if you put the power on too soon, so good marks there.

The problem is in the Career mode – i just don’t get it. Instead of pick a championship, here’s your races, it’s here’s your track, pick a championship, for that ONE race. Makes it very convoluted. Less restrictions on what to use s well. For example, you’d have thought the America class E championship you could only drive American cars (makes sense right). Well no, its American tracks, but you can drive any car. Oh, and i could do without being forced to do the stupid Top Gear bowling in every championship season. I want to race, not do stupid gimmicks.

In 3, one of my favourite things was the levelling up system. Get a car up to level 5, then you don’t need to use it again. It allowed me to plan which races i was going to pick carefully, to get the cars levelled up without wasting credits. OK, maybe i was being a bit too geeky in that respect, but hell, it added an extra dimension to just driving round in circles. Now though, the cars don’t level up, but the manufacturers do, up to level 5. With each level you get a discount on any modified parts for that manufacturer, and on level 5, all modifications for that manufacturer are free, which for me, completely destroys the aspect of planning and being careful with resources.

Also, while I like the fact that you can pick which car you win when you level up from a selection, I HATE the fact that their already modified up to the maximum within their class. The computer decides which modifications to put on, and they’re certainly not the ones i would pick, but it gets an E class car up to 274/275 for example (max 275). All the cars you race against are modded in the same way, so good luck trying to find a nice even unmodified car race! It wouldn’t be so bad if you could remove all the existing modifications at once, but you can’t, and it doesn’t tell you which mods are applied, so if you want to return the car back to stock and do your own modifying, you have to search through all the modification choices to see which have been applied – it’s ridiculous.

Only really just started the career mode, but the opponent ability is rubbish. When you pick a random event you can set the opponent difficulty, but not in career mode, so for the tart of the game, if your a seasoned forza player, you’ll just destroy the competition far too easily.

I dunno, i feel like they’ve messed with it far too much for my liking. I’ll stick with it and see if it grows in me, but i wish they’d kept some of the better aspects of 3
Butch, I like your write up, agree with most points, except being able to choose dificulty.

When you select your race, you can go into I think game options and choose dificulty there, Easy med hard ect. Then once you have changed it once it stays like that as default.

I did about 8 races last night, as Butch says, RWD cars are much easier to drift and have a tendancy to mess you up if you put on too much power in a corner. Also cars have the much more realistic lift off oversteer which they lacked in the last version.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I was able to change the assists but maybe i missed something? If so ill have to go back and reset and start again. No matter. Ill check tonight.

In single event races you get a definite option to set ai difficulty from easy to pro, but this wasn't there on world tour difficulty settings

1 - 20 of 46 Posts